How we baby wear in Africa

HBGirl

Reaction score
Our vet nurse couldn't organise child care on Sunday so be brought his daughter to work. No problem, even the men baby wear in Africa. :)

Attachments

• Wele.jpg
    Wele.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 113
Love this!!

I have a neighbour from Zimbabwe. She always carries her toddler just in a sheet on her back, no fancy baby carriers! She mows the lawn, washes the car and windows... Amazes me how much she does!!

I see plenty of men wearing babies here too. even though they are in meitais etc. You can see in SA or similar they just use a big towel.

Uh oh, handsome man, cute baby, cute poorly cat- woman hormone overload :haha:.

Uh oh, handsome man, cute baby, cute poorly cat- woman hormone overload :haha:.

:rofl:

There was a great thread on African babywearing in Natural Parenting a few years ago and there were all these amazing pictures of people just going about their day, there was one picture of a child babywearing, nuts! I don't know how you guys do it though, every picture I see the baby looks sooo low down, my lower back is aching just thinking about it! Lucas was carried so high he was practically on my shoulders :lol:

They nesstle into the small of your back. Quite comfy. He is strong though, she is one heavy baby. I had her on me for about half an hour and she nearly killed me!

Awww that's so lovely :cloud9: I wish it was more common here!

Wicked! I've seen some Black women locally not sure of their heritage/ethnic origin but wearing so casually with a blanket, sheet or towel - so cool!
Dh wears lo in the buckle carrier, I only wrapped when ds was small and he's a bit big for his ergo now.
Xx

I see plenty of men wearing babies here too. even though they are in meitais etc. You can see in SA or similar they just use a big towel.

My OH prefers to baby wear rather than use the buggy - which I rely on as I cant wear them due to my back :(

Could you be more specific as to where in Africa you are?
Its a big place lol.

south africa then? im looking for a country name. lol

We'll to be fair to her it might be considered a broadly African trend. I saw plenty of babies worn this way in Ghana. A lot of people in Ghana referred to themselves as African or living in Africa in conversation a lot, lot more than I would ever refer to myself as European or living in Europe.

Why are you grilling the girl, does it matter?!

I've just bought an ergo and hubby looks forward to carrying DS2, my moby has flowers on it :haha: I wish we could just strap the boys on our back to work if childcare fell through!

Why are you grilling the girl, does it matter?!

I've just bought an ergo and hubby looks forward to carrying DS2, my moby has flowers on it :haha: I wish we could just strap the boys on our back to work if childcare fell through!

Did you see the thread the other day by the lady whose work let her wear her baby rather than put them in childcare? That wouldn't work for my old job but it's awesome when employers are more creative in helping parents back into work.

I don't let my hubby baby wear very often - I like to keep the snuggles to myself!

I'm just curious. Ive travelled a lot and am familiar with Africa, so when someone says they're from there (which I think they usually say because a lot of people aren't familiar with the individual countries aside from the very well known ones) I always want to know where.

I don't think its such a big deal just to ask someone which country a photo was taken in or that they're referring to. Its cool and interesting.

I understand. :)

I think the 'could you be more specific?' came across a little sharp when I read it in the early hours, it made me feel defensive on OP's part.

The power of written text to kill meaning, eh?

I love Africa too, but I've only been lucky enough to visit one country. I will explore more when I'm an old granny. :)

Well, you can't really go further south on the continent then South Africa.

So cute :) that pictures put a smile on my face today.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->