How & when are you telling everyone?

kezzaside

Reaction score
We are telling everyone on Mother's Day. I will be around 10 weeks. Hoping to have a scan by then. But we are putting a congratulation new baby card inside the Mother's Day cards to our mums! Xx

Thats a lovely thought..

I dont have family.. well apart from my 3 grown up kids.. my eldest (24) knows but the not the 21 and 15 yr olds.. I have had 7 chemicals and this one is furthest along I have got with Partner. We had a scan at 6 weeks and got the heartbeat going like crazy on the screen.. OH has told his family but im not telling a soul.. not one soul on my friends list on FB not till its born and no one in work until around 18 weeks.

im an older mum 42 and not ready for people to frown at me x

I'm trying to find the right time to tell my boss....

Update: I told him and it went well, I'm doing a card for the parents and giving it to them in person

My close family and friends knew from BFP.

Everyone else it will be announced after our 10+2 dating scan. I had 2 losses at 8 and a half weeks and one at my dating scan so until we've passed that hurdle I have restricted to only close people knowing ♡♡

Our immediate family knows, and my workmates.
Have my 12 week scan on Tuesday & then can finally tell others.

We revealed to our parents/siblings at our sons 3rd birthday party last weekend - we wrapped him a "new big brother" tshirt and book and got him to open and show everyone until the penny dropped. It was a great moment :) I was around 10 weeks and had already had a scan. Not sure when to tell work...

Due to my job i had to tell my manager and seniors instantly so a risk assesement could be put in place. My parents know and husbands mum knows but waiting for a while to tell others. At first we werent going to tell anyone but decided that we might need the support as we have had losses, we are keeping fingers crossed that this lo sticks, strong hb seen at 7 and 8weeks.

DH and I told close family at 4-5 weeks, then his family at 7 weeks. DH made cupcakes and added jelly babies on them with blue and pink m&m's, and we served them at a large family dinner and had the scan pic on hand :)!. We told as he had a cousin here from France with her partner, and I was heading back to usa a few weeks later and we wanted to share the joy in Australia before I am gone.

We then announced with the attachment on fb at 8 weeks. We had seen the heartbeat on scan, and had blood tests 2-3 times a week since the bfp as we went through ivf so we felt safe to announce, plus it gave us a month to share the joy with friends before I leave the country :)

Good luck!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 35
All great ideas! Hope you all have a happy & healthy 9 months xxxx

We told real close family & friends at Christmas, we have had 3 scans already but we are waiting for our official dating scan at 13+4 weeks, less than 2 weeks to go now and then we plan to tell out darling son 1st then everyone else, my son has been asking for another sibling since last year and he said that he was going to ask Santa for 1 bless him well he said this in November we conceived in December so he wish to Santa came true, but we have kept it quiet from him until we know everything is officially okay, we have a gift box here with a baby best saying "I love my big brother" a little comforter teddy so now we are waiting on the scan pic, then we are going to let him open it the day we have been for our scan - I'm just so excited and can't wait to share this moment with him, I know he will make the most amazing big brother :) seriously can't wait to see the look on his face, bet it will be priceless <3 xxx

When I got my BFP I text my sister and said "Hello Auntie, I'm currently the size of a poppy seed".

My best friend had a premonition I'd be 5-6 months pregnant at her wedding in June so at around 6 weeks I sent her a snapchat of a post stick note with "your premonition came true" written on it.

I've also already told my manager and other sister in person.

We're telling both sets of parents this weekend. We have bought slabs of chocolate and the shop wrote on them in icing "your going to be a Grandma/Grandad" on them. So we'll give them to each parent and see their reaction.

We are not announcing on FB until we are back from holiday. We are going to get a pair of baby havaianas (flip flops) and take a photo of them inbetween our feet, with us wearing our havaianas, and write in the sand "Coming September 2015". We'll post the picture on FB when we get back off holiday when I'll be 16 weeks.

I told my mom before I told DH (he doesn't know this!), the same day I found out. Since this was an oops, I was terrified to tell DH and wanted someone for support. I emailed her a picture of the positive test and put at the bottom "Can you call me?" lol (4+4)

Then DH and I decided to "tell" her the following Friday. We put my positive tests in an amazon box and said that we got it for DD and thought she'd like it too. (5+1)

We told DH's parents 8+1 because he was having job issues and wanted their advice, but knew they needed the whole picture. After babbling on forever about his job situation (his aunt is the owner), he said really fast "and we found out that our birth control failed in December." Then horrifyingly went into tmi out of nerves. It was really a pull out method failure (but who really needs to know that?), but he said with our insurance issues, I had to go off the pill and that condoms failed us (he figured condoms were the more responsible thing, so he fibbed a bit). I was mentally doing a face palm. That's when we found out DH's youngest sister was a condom whoops lol

We told my SILs, BIL, and the rest of my immediate family 9+2. We took a video of DD holding up an enlarged picture of the ultrasound. We got her to say 'ut oh' then she said baby. We sent the video to both SILs and BIL. With my family, we were celebrating my brother's birthday (2 years ago we put DD's scan picture in his birthday card, so apparently this is becoming tradition lol). We put DD in a Super Sister shirt. We kept her coat on for a bit then asked my brother to take her coat off. My SIL picked it up first. My brother was oblivious lol Then they (and my dad) figured it out. Then we showed them her 'ut oh' video.

Then we posted the video later the same day on FB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->