How will my OH 'see' me when I give birth?

lili_angel

New Mummy!! Can't Wait!!
Reaction score
It's not really something I have thought much about as in terms of thinking about the whole labour process, I'm pretty relaxed about it all. But lately I've been wondering how my OH's views of me as the woman he's in love/relationship with, will change? During actual labour it's all about me & I know my OH will support me 100%, but what might go through his head as he sees me in such a raw, honest & 'graphic' state?

He's pretty detached at the moment because he's working through that " oh god I'm gonna be a Dad" but is still trying to balance out his distance with doing stuff for me like running me a bath & making me a cuppa tea for when I get home from work.

Never the same, my oh saw Finn born and he told me in detail very graphically what he saw, he said it was amazing and I'm amazing for being able to do that.

Don't worry you will be his hero afterwards!

i think it brings you closer together as your bringing his offspring into the world x

My dh hates blood or anything like that and he mainly stayed by my head end because he thought he wouldn't want to see anything, but couldn't resist a peek at the baby being born, he also cut the cord.
He said it was amazing, he was crying each time our babies were born, and he was so proud of me for what i just did.
Don't worry, your oh will be the same. It will change his life in a good way and he will love you even more for going through all that to give him the gift of a child :flower:

My husband was amazing...he was sooo proud of me and ive never seen love in his eyes like it before...he was brilliant before but that day i think he seen me in a different light and it made him appreciate me more...you will be fine hunnie xxxx

Same here, this is baby number 4,and my dh just can not wait to be the one to catch the baby and cut the cord. He says it's an amazing process, watching baby being born.

Don't worry, if your dh loves you, he'll but just amazed when you go thru what you do, to bring baby into the world.

I was thinking about this too. Glad someone brought it up. I told DH he has to stay by my head though. :haha:

My husband stayed by my head but was still sooo proud of me :) he didnt wanna be down there as he was woried he wud faint lol but honestly its fine hun xxx

Considering how my OH was when he saw me getting an injection and a filling at the dentist I think he'll be feeling really upset to see me in pain but I'm sure he'll be fine!

My OH was down there looking the whole time and loved it, found it amazing and he was so excited and happy with me afterwards, bless him. Cant wait for this little one to be born, wouldnt want anyone else in the world with me but him! And a midwife... lol :blush:

Yeah, my OH swears blind he's going nowhere near my coochie end with all the "blood 'n' horror going on down there" (I quote from him!) & is determined to stay at the head end.

I know it may sound a bit pompous & selfish but I would like to think that as I am going through it, he recognises the effort & praises me & realises how much more he loves me for going through it....my fear was that he wouldn't want to touch me in any way after & we'd drift apart.

Yeah, my OH swears blind he's going nowhere near my coochie end with all the "blood 'n' horror going on down there" (I quote from him!) & is determined to stay at the head end.

I know it may sound a bit pompous & selfish but I would like to think that as I am going through it, he recognises the effort & praises me & realises how much more he loves me for going through it....my fear was that he wouldn't want to touch me in any way after & we'd drift apart.

Well my OH saw everything, all the gore, everything and he loved the experience and if anything its made us even closer watching the baby we created out of our love for each other come into the world. It might not be the prettiest thing to watch but it is a very amazing thing to do.

My husband was awesome he was looking as well. He was so proud of me and kept telling me how amazing I was. Men react better than you think after all you are bringing their child into the world. I never had any missgivings about my husband being there when I gave birth.

You ladies have been very reassuring....it was something I was wondering if he would cope & be how I would like him to be, but it seems that when it comes down to it our OH's step up to the plate & then some!

He will have a whole new appreciation for how powerful and amazing your body is. My OH didn't think he even wanted to watch as out LO was born, but now he still says it was the most incredible thing he's ever seen. You'll be his hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->