How will you tell your SO/DH?

Moet

Reaction score
Hello!

We are ttc#2. DH seems way more involved this time wanting to know when I'm testing etc. Says I surprised him with my bfp last time (got him tons of balloons saying boy or girl and congrats attached to a little bag with a onesie in it). He says he doesn't want me surprising him this time. I still want to do something tho like maybe buy a book about being a big sister and give it to DD and tell her to get daddy to read it to her.

Anyways, this is my long winded way of asking how you all plan to tell your SO if you get that wonderful bfp this cycle. Anyone else have their DH want to know more of the details on the second or third etc time around? Feel like there is less pressure this time versus the first. I was afraid to stress him out and tell him I was in my fertile window etc last time. Didn't want him getting performance anxiety. Also made me feel slightly deceptive in my seduction. He was totally on board with ttc for the record. Just nicer this time I can openly say "hey it's baby making time tonight"

Hey Moet.

I could have written this post! It was a total surprise for my DH last time, it did happen very quickly (within 6 weeks ) so was all a bit of a whirlwind!

DH has also been a lot more on board this time and is interested, he sometimes say when I suggest we BD 'are you ovulating?' which coming out of his mouth sounds really funny lol.

It was really sad as last month I text him telling him to call me as I had exciting news and straight away he called me saying 'When are you due?' 'How far gone are you?' before I even had a chance to speak. It made me really sad as it was only about our kitchen!!

It has made me even more excited to plan something for when it does actually happen, especially as this time it is taking us longer and it will be the last time I will get to give him news like this!

So what you thinking? Give me some ideas!! I like the book idea.

I would like to join in?!

It is my DH 40th birthday this month and I have been planning him a surprise birthday party with our friends and family. He has no idea, he thinks he is going to my brothers engagement party. I am so hoping that I get a BFP as I would know the week of the party.

Anyway, what my plan is.. after the big surprise of the party and dinner i wanted to make a speech just saying how much I love him and that I have one more surprise. Then, I would love it if the waiter could bring out a plate with a little gift and in the gift would be a onezie saying your a daddy with the HPT.

My only issue is, can I keep it a secret for that long? He knows how crazy I have been thus far in the process.. I don't know if i can!

What ideas do you ladies have?

Sparrowmummy glad my DH isn't the only one that's all interested and not clueless this time haha! You should definitely try and surprise him!

Ttcfirst I love that idea!! Hope you get your bfp in time! If not, extra Christmas present in the stocking?😉

Moet - I love the book idea, that is a really cute surprise.

Some other ways I have looked into, when you are unpacking your groceries tell him to hand you something in the grocery bag like diapers and see his reaction. Set an extra place setting at the dinner table.

I don't know if you are planning a photo shoot for holiday cards or what not. But I saw couples who write something on a board and then turn around to face one another and on the board says "I'm Pregnant."

There are so many things to do, gets me so excited! This will be my first if it happens!

I bought some newborn cloth diapers. Im gunna put one and the postive test in an envelope and put it in ths mail box addresses to him and ask him to get the mail .

Love that idea dream!!
That wouldn't be obvious enough for my husband lol. He'd be like 'why has someone sent me a nappy, must be one of my mates pulling a prank again, hope its not a dirty one' lol

I need some help figuring out a cute way to tell DH. He works away and won't be home until early hours Saturday morning, then on Saturday we're dropping DD at my friend's to go to another friend's 30th birthday. I had planned on dressing DD in a 'big sister' t shirt for bed, but as he'll be in late I'll be the one getting up with her. I want a nice way to tell him before we go to the party (a 3 hour drive away) and he figures it out by me refusing any alcohol at all.
He's very involved in everything ttc, and has already been asking when I'm likely to ovulate next month if we didn't catch this time, so he knows I want to test before we go Saturday. He also knows if it was negative I'd likely have a glass of wine.

Girly - I love dreaming about the possibilities of telling my DH. I am TTC #1 so this is all very new and exciting for me.

Ok, I have been googling this for days now, as if I am not obsessing over the TWW enough. And some cute ideas:

1 - pretend you are sending a video card to a friend/family member and you need him to say something into the video. When you push play tell him you are preggers and watch his reaction..
2 - Since you will be dropping DD off before your birthday party, maybe hide some balloons, present or sign that says, "I'm Pregnant" or something along those lines in the trunk. When you are about to leave from dropping DD off tell him you need something from the trunk?
3- Before he wakes up go and put balloons or something in your DD room that says your preggers and tell him, can you get DD ready?

I am here all day if you need more.. LOL

Ooh, some great ideas!
I had originally planned on getting the 'There's a house inside my mummy' book and having DD ask him to read it for her at bedtime with the big sister pjs. I'm wondering whether to still use the book somehow. I like the balloon idea though. Hmmm.. You've given me a lot to think about! Lol
Thank you!

Girly922 you have to update us after with what you did and how DH reacted!! So exciting!

Sorry, it's been a busy few days with DD being unwell.
I put DD to bed in her big sister top, I'd prepared the book she'd ask DH to read, I'd tidied up the nursery and DD had put one of her dolls on the changing mat with a newborn nappy on that I'd placed a positive test next to so she could ask him to help her change baby's (dolly's) nappy.

DH got home around midnight and I was half asleep. Next morning, DD wakes up, hubby brings her through to our bed, doesn't even look at her top. Then, laying in bed just asks if I've tested yet and what was the outcome. Talk about ruining my hard work :haha:

Oh man!! Such a guy to not even notice!! 🙄 Oh well. The best laid plans... haha. Very cute on your part tho! I would have rolled my eyes and been like "look at her shirt dummy!"

I actually called her over to us, and told him to really look at her while she stood on the bed in front of him. He still didn't read the ruddy shirt! :dohh:

I think I'm going to test in secrete and if I get a positive I'm gonna keep quiet and tell him I really feel pregnant. He'll probably be like "well test then!" and I'll be like but I don't want to do it along would he help. He would probably want to dip it and wait for it to change I know he would be fucking nervous the whole time. Then he could see it change and I think it would hit him and he would really feel like he was apart of it. But that's just because Hubby wants to be kept in the loop and I've had 3 MCs already and only the last time I got a positive he could "faintly" see. (men's eyes...am I right?)

That's probably what I'm gonna do, but it would be tough to sneak something else with him since he always has the car haha.

U girls are lucky that u can plan sth fun. My dh stands outside bathroom door while I poas... when i exit he is always just asking "and?"
At least he normally have the glass of wine poured to drown my sorrows - heheheeee i guess he will drink it if we ever get bfp :winkwink:
Any ideas on whether it could be possible to surprise him?

Sparrow, happy birthday to your little one for tomorrow! It's also my birthday :)

My DH is usually with me when I test. We've been through quite a lot TTC and it feels fair to do that.

But I'm currently 9DPO and my DH goes away tomorrow (yes on my birthday...!). He's back on Friday which is 13 DPO. I'm not sure I can wait that long. But he asked me to wait until he gets home.

I really would like to surprise him (if I get a BFP) on the day he gets back with a BFP attached to a helium balloon in a box.

Maybe I surprise him? Or test and not tell him? Or wait for him?

Not sure what to do!

I'm not plannnig anything special to tell my hubs. If he's home he'll know the second he sees me if the test is positive. If he's at work he'll know when he sees me. I'm horrible at secrets lol. I'm more excited to tell our daughter who is 6. She's been asking for a sibling for a while now. I was thinking of getting her a book about big sister and maybe a shirt that says big sister. Maybe some flowers. Then she can wear the shirt to the grandparents house and tell them that way.

If I ever get a positive it will be our first and I really want to surprise him lol I dunno how yet, Kinda think maybe make him a cake with baby deco or get his fav streamer to announce it or maybe if I was feeling kinda mean I'd get someone at his job to announce it over the PA :p Lol I dunno, but I first have to get a bfp lol

Cppeace I love the PA system idea! He would be so embarrassed but excited and proud too. Kind of amazing. But only if it suits his personality. My DH would be mad if I told anyone before him (even the person who would announce it)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->