How would you rate your Midwife?

N

Neecee

I've only seen mine once in the whole time! There's been different one each time I call, but the last one I saw was very nice. They seem nice enough, but it's just REALLY hard to get hold of the same one twice!

luckily my MW is my MIL best friend, i didnt go through my GP to get one as my MIL is a MW and Recommended her to me. She is brill and very nice to me and tells me to ring with any question or problem i may have :)

My mw is nice , she is always full of positive comments and encouragement !

I've seen my MW every time but one when she was on holiday. The stand-in one was nice too. Plus I meet a lot of them at aquanatal and they are also all really nice! (Except one who's ok but a bit scary!). It's really sad that so many ladies seem to be made short work of my their MWs and are afraid to phone them. I have my MW's mobile number as well as a variety of other contact numbers. I've not needed to ring her though.

i casnt answer the poll as ive only seen my mw once too & that was at my bookin appointment,the couple of 1s ive seen have been great tho but the only gripe i do have tho is that when i do try to ring a mw on my list their phone is eirther switched off or no1 answers,so im having to ring hospital then to have my qs answered x

I've only seen mine 3 or 4 times but its alays been the same one and she always explains everything and helps me out with questions that i have, or if i need to ring to ask a question she's awalys happy to help. So i voted very good!! Ive heard some of the girls on here get messed around terribly!!

I've had different one's everytime. But they have all been nice.

They haven't gone into much info about thing's though, but are really pleasant.

:)

I wasn't sure that i was going to like my midwife but now i've seen her quite a few times i have really grown to like her.
She is an older midwife but is really into homebirths and natural labour which is great for me as this is what i'd like. My doctors panel only has one midwife so i always see the same one.

I don't really like my MW...she just doesn't seem interested, forgets everything, late for appts, doesn't return messages etc.

Mines foreign and the language barrier is dreadful shes is also very monotone ... Id ditch her if i had a chance she doest know any thing i ask and drags her words and im sure she is manic but inwardly!!

I've only seen the same one twice, at 9 weeks and 16 weeks. Since then I've had someone different every time. They have all been ok but as I've had different people they have missed stuff, like my 28 week blood tests came back with low iron but no one told me til my 37 week appointment! And no one even mentioned that I needed a card to get free prescriptions so I took my MATB1 to the chemist and they thought I was a crazy lady lol x

I have the same lady this time again and shes much nicer this time round first time round she was horrid!

I will vote on Thursday as I've only seen my MW once for booking in but am seeing her for my 16 week appointment then and will have a better idea. So far I'm happy with her though, she was very nice when I did meet her. I haven't had a need to phone her, so don't know if I would be able to get hold of her or not.

I have two midwives, they work in teams of two. They are both great, though one is a little more gruff than the other. I've seen them both many times, I'm now seeing them once a week. They are very thorough, though the one is a bit "hippyish" for my liking, giving me spiritual type books and pushing opinions on me. But overall they are both great.

Ive seen a different one everytime, but they seem nice, but im one of them smiley people that you have to be nice to because i look cheerful and i hate it when there is a down mood and try to brighten the mood, i think they pick up on that so they are nice to me.

I wasnt too sure about mine at first, The first time i met her she seemed very rushed and didnt explain things properly then she was late for our second apointment. But since then she has been great!! She is a youngmums midwife and comes to your home for apointments which is really good. I dont blame her now for being so rushed the first time because she is the only youngmums midwife in the area and has alot of girls to see!! Shes really friendly and also chats about any other problems you have that arnt pregnancy related and makes sure your ok.

There are two at the surgery, and you will always see one or the other. They both seem nice though I liked the one i saw last time the best :D I've been happy with the midwives, but to be honest, the receptionists at the surgery were hopeless. Worse than hopeless. I got so angry trying to get my booking appt (which I needed,due to complications) that I ended up phoning the hospital an booking in there.

My midwife is amazing....an absolute star. She will tell it how it is if I need to know anything and tells me to ring her or make an extra appointment if I'm ever worried.

She is sooooooooooo lovely.....I sooooooooo hope she's on delivery duty when I go into labour but that would be too perfect I reckon as I never get what I want:hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->