How's everyone doing with weight?

hokiemom

Reaction score
I just started my 2nd trimester and I'm doing much better this time around than I did with our first. I'm up between 5-6 lbs. at almost 14 weeks. I was shocked to read online today that I was about a lb. over the high end of where my weight should be. How is everyone else managing so far?

I still haven't put on ANY weight at all. I lost 4kgs (over 8lbs) during the first tri and haven't managed to put on anything at all yet and I'm 18 weeks.

So I'm not sure if that's something my doc is going to be concerned about. At my last appt he said he'd watch it carefully and hopefully I'd start putting on weight. I have an appt on Monday and I still weigh exactly the same as I did almost a month ago! Like, down to the gram exact.

The scan we had showed our little girl to be on the small side, but her fluid and everything looked good so she said she wasn't concerned that she wasn't growing. So I guess that's a good sign that my lack of weight gain isn't really an issue. Who knows....it's weird though that's for sure. I put on not a lot of weight with my other kids, but I DID put on weight.

I'm 21 weeks and so far I've gained 2lb. I was very sick in the first tri though and still haven't gained my appetite back fully.. I eat healthy but in little portions. Appetite is small and I get full very quickly !
My doc isn't worried though, she said everything is looking good with baby !

Wow...maybe I am gaining too fast :/ I'm on the slender side to start with so I'm not sure how/if that factors in, but I'll have to watch carefully that I don't get too out of control :)

I lost 12 lbs first trimester, and now I'm up about 8 so I still have about 5 lbs to spare! I'm really starting to show so I'm assuming I'll start to gain quickly :(

I'm still down 1/2 lb from when I was 8 weeks. The MFM had a talk with me about gaining some weight and wants me to rest and eat more, so that I can be up by at least 30lbs before I deliver.

I was also on the slender & athletic side pre pregnancy and have quickly put on 12 pounds and I'm 15 weeks. My dr said some women gain more in the beginning especially if they are building up fat stores for bubs. She didn't seemed concerned at all but I am still hoping to stay within the 30 pound weight gain range!

I was also on the slender & athletic side pre pregnancy and have quickly put on 12 pounds and I'm 15 weeks. My dr said some women gain more in the beginning especially if they are building up fat stores for bubs. She didn't seemed concerned at all but I am still hoping to stay within the 30 pound weight gain range!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Glad someone else is also gaining weight. I've never lost weight in the first so it's nice to hear from someone else who is actually gaining weight :) I also have an athletic build and I'll actually be running a half marathon in about 4 weeks. I think my body just gains what it needs when it needs. I'm also hoping to stay within the 30 lb. range :)

I'm nearing 17 weeks and have put on 4-5 lbs total. I started off a tad bit underweight, so 28-40 lbs is what's recommended, but I'm hoping to keep it more around 28 lbs. I eat when I'm hungry, and eat mostly healthy, but I have times where I'm hungry a lot. I feel "softer" in areas where I wasn't before, like I did with my boys, which I didn't like then either. I'm trying to embrace it though and not worry about it, but man it gets to me sometimes. DH is very supportive and really wishes I wouldn't worry about my weight, especially during pregnancy, but it's hard not too sometimes. I'm starting to feel yucky now that I'm feeling "softer" in certain places and DH said to just get more maternity clothes that fit and are comfortable, but I hate that I'm having to do that. Oh well. It's my last pregnancy, so I'm really trying to enjoy it and not worry so much. Worrying about my weight during my pregnancy with my boys is one of my biggest regrets.

I'm just over 24 weeks and have gained about 15 lbs. I'm so worried about it. I put on some weight right before I got pregnant (I have struggled with overeating for years) and I am having trouble getting my eating under control. Is 15 lbs at 24 weeks too much?

I'm just over 24 weeks and have gained about 15 lbs. I'm so worried about it. I put on some weight right before I got pregnant (I have struggled with overeating for years) and I am having trouble getting my eating under control. Is 15 lbs at 24 weeks too much?

I was told 20lbs by 20 weeks before, but obviously didn't do that. (That was for twins though.) I'm sure 15lbs is fine if you weren't overweight to begin with.

17 weeks here and haven't gained a pound. I am watching what I eat _very_ carefully! I'm already 210 lbs. and my doctor says I only need to gain 10-15 throughout the whole pregnancy. I need to be exercising but I've been so darn exhausted.

I'm almost 19 weeks and still -1 lbs.. So that's good.. I'm chunky to begin with, so it's,best if. Don't gain much weight.

I lost about 8lbs in my first tri, but gained about 17lbs total and I'm 25w+2d... My doctor actually told me to watch but it's not easy when it's winter. I'm like a bear in the winter! Spring is when I plan to go walking again!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Glad someone else is also gaining weight. I've never lost weight in the first so it's nice to hear from someone else who is actually gaining weight :) I also have an athletic build and I'll actually be running a half marathon in about 4 weeks. I think my body just gains what it needs when it needs. I'm also hoping to stay within the 30 lb. range :)

Im 15 weeks and already put on 9lbs! was also on the slender athletic side! I wonder if that has something to do with it? i was really stressing about it before but I'm starting to not worry about it much anymore

I didn't lose any weight in the first tri either and I had such bad morning sickness! I think my body is the same just gains what it needs, because I'm still eating healthy albeit just more often now. Good luck in your half marathon!!

Im 14weeks and have gained 3lbs. I never had any morning sickness so have been eating ALOT my whole pregnancy!

Im 15 weeks and already put on 9lbs! was also on the slender athletic side! I wonder if that has something to do with it? i was really stressing about it before but I'm starting to not worry about it much anymore

Snap! I'm 15+3 and I've gained 9lb so far too. I used to run 5k four times a week and I've now not done any exercise for 12 weeks. No energy what so ever!

I'm 21 weeks and put on 15lbs but it seems to be all belly and boobs,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->