How's everyone doing with weight?

Im 22 weeks and have gained 11/12lb . I'm a tall girl anyway and didn't really have a flat. Stomach before but I have just begun to pop out over the last 2 weeks. X

I'm a skinny girl. I lost 7lb in the first tri that i couldn't really afford to lose and so far in the second tri I have put on 3lb. I'm looking forward to getting fat and try to eat as much as possible.

I'm over 15 weeks and have gained about 8 lbs but mainly due to eating extra!!

I'm almost 23 weeks and have gained 13lb, which if I'm honest I'm happy with, as that allows a 1lb a week gain for the rest and still staying under 35lb which is the max recommended. I'm tall and was slim before, and I'm still exercising regularly, although I'm probably eating a bit more than I should!

I gained 40lb with my daughter so if I can stay under that I'd be happy.

I didn't get morning sickness so didn't lose any in the first tri. X

I'm just over 24 weeks and have gained about 15 lbs. I'm so worried about it. I put on some weight right before I got pregnant (I have struggled with overeating for years) and I am having trouble getting my eating under control. Is 15 lbs at 24 weeks too much?

I have put on 14 lbs and I am also 24 weeks! I don't think I have been overeating so hopefully my body is just gaining the weight it needs to. I'm hoping i don't gain a lot more!

I hadn't put any on at 16 weeks but at this point I'm terrified to weigh myself. I've had days where I feel like Ive over eaten and in my first pregnancy I put on so much weight. I daren't look!

So happy to have found this thread as I have been worrying about this. So - thank you. x
I am 18 weeks and 5 days. I have gained 8lbs. I know I have been eating a lot of sweet things and have been quite concerned about it. I have struggled with will power for years.
Starting today I am going to find alternatives. ( I hope).
People keep telling me that we are all different which is great to hear. :hugs:

I went up 12lb at 17 weeks, I've since lost 5lb because I was concerned. Baby measuring on track so that's important.

I'm up 18lbs at 22 weeks. Four pounds more than the high end of what I should have gained, which is annoying.
I was normal BMI before being pregnant.

I'm 22 weeks & have gained 22 pounds. I'm okay with that as I gained 60 pounds with each of my other pregnancies. My goal is to stay with 40 pounds this time around.

I'm almost 24 weeks and gained 12/13lb. Not overly happy with it. My last pregnancy I was 2 stone down (28lb) at delivery from my pre pregnancy weight, and my son died from iugr after suffering with hyperemesis. So I'm trying not to be too fussed about actually gaining weight, as hopefully it means baby is growing. I was borderline underweight bmi to begin with. I recently lost my job, and with all the horrendous snow we've had I haven't been out walking as much, so think that's got a bit to do with the weight gain x

https://www.thebabycorner.com/tools/pregnancy/calculators/weightcalculator.php

This is the site that told me I was a lb. overweight. They base it on your pre-pregnancy weight, current weight, height and how many weeks pregnant.

Hokiemom, I am really surprised that a 4-6lb weight gain at 16 weeks is 1lb over :shrug: that doesn't seem like much at all! Especially if you were healthy weight to begin with :flower:

I was slim prepreg too, bmi - 21. I was last weighed at 20w and I am up 6lb. I have mixed feelings about it... that calculator you linked told me I'm 2lb under the low range :( EFF. I am hungry often and eat whenever I feel the pang (not kidding - 430am, whatever, I feed the hunger!). Plus I eat a ton of pasta and noodles (whole wheat)... but I did begin exercising and doing yoga recently too. I will see my doc in 1.5 weeks and see if she is concerned.

I honestly think you are fine. This is the calculator I have been using - see if it gives you a different result :flow: https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

I've gained about 20lbs. Gone from 126 (9stone) to 146(10.5stone). Apparently slightly more than I should! I don't care it's nice to easily be putting on weight after years of being so skinny :haha:

I'm so surprised at the huge range of different weight gains/losses!;)

I think pre pregnancy weight definitely affects things. I was always 7 stone 2, which meant my bmi was a teeny bit on the low side, (but I'm very small boned).

I'm now at almost 26 weeks and my bump has gone through a growth spurt, aswell as my boobs!;) and I have proper thighs for the first time ever! This has meant I've gained 17 lbs! I'm ok with it though as normally if I gain weight I see it in my face, but its still fine, so obviously my body is using the extra weight.

I DO need to lay off the chocolates, pasta, fajitas etc though!;) Winter and a holiday abroad hasn't helped!;)

I think they say after a certain point you should generally have gained equivalent to a pound a week, so doesn't sound like anyone on here is doing too badly!

I was also on the slender & athletic side pre pregnancy and have quickly put on 12 pounds and I'm 15 weeks. My dr said some women gain more in the beginning especially if they are building up fat stores for bubs. She didn't seemed concerned at all but I am still hoping to stay within the 30 pound weight gain range!

Hokiemom, I am really surprised that a 4-6lb weight gain at 16 weeks is 1lb over :shrug: that doesn't seem like much at all! Especially if you were healthy weight to begin with :flower:

I was slim prepreg too, bmi - 21. I was last weighed at 20w and I am up 6lb. I have mixed feelings about it... that calculator you linked told me I'm 2lb under the low range :( EFF. I am hungry often and eat whenever I feel the pang (not kidding - 430am, whatever, I feed the hunger!). Plus I eat a ton of pasta and noodles (whole wheat)... but I did begin exercising and doing yoga recently too. I will see my doc in 1.5 weeks and see if she is concerned.

I honestly think you are fine. This is the calculator I have been using - see if it gives you a different result :flow: https://www.babycenter.com/pregnancy-weight-gain-estimator

I used your calculator and it pretty much said the same thing. I'm actually almost 14 weeks and not 16 weeks so maybe that's why :shrug: I'm not too concerned I just thought it was interesting to find out where I stood so far. I've definitely been eating more carbs because although I didn't get morning sickness too bad, carbs were some of the only things that seemed appealing. With all the running I've been doing I would have thought it would be hard to be gaining more weight than suggested. Either way, I'm doing better than I did with my first. I was probably up 15+ lbs. at this point ;) I lost it all and was back in my pre-pregnancy jeans a few weeks after I had ds.

I'm 14+1 and gained 16lb so far:haha: I'm stuck on bedrest so cant do my usual walking and I'm bored so I eat alot:blush: Its all good though, I was very slim to start and my babies come early (last was a 3lber at 32 weeks) so I figure the bigger I can get the baby, the better:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->