HPT+ at 8.30am bleeding at 11.30 am......

lisa_78

Reaction score
Hi
Am really gutted as had a HPT+ on the 25th August at 8.30am and rang my OH at work to give him the good news but by 11.30am i was bleeding heavily. We were both devastated. Since then i have been suffering with lower abdominal and lower back ache, its not really painfull and is more like a dull ache. This is the 2nd MC i have had, my first one was 3 years ago. cant help feeling like there might be something wrong with me, am i being silly?????

Oh hun, I am so sorry. I have also had 2 m/c's (in a row) and I am worried something is wrong. I have been referred to a gyno but in the mean time I am taking double folic acid and low dose aspirin. Have you contacted your doctor yet? Your definately not being silly xx

I went to the doctors the same day as the mc and they have referred me to the hosp. just concerned about the pains i'm having x

Well just an update........ Pains haven't gone so went back to doctors today and took a sample in. He tested it for both prenancy and infection, negative for pregnancy but high positive for infection. I've been put on trimethoprim 200mg for 5 days. I know your not meant to take these when pregnant but when I asked if they are ok due to me ttc he said he has no concerns as I tested negative today. Has anyone else been on these tablets when ttc? Xxxx

So sorry hun! I had to take antibiotics for a supposid UTI when I miscarried, but I don't know about the effects of TTC while on them. I would think they are going to be fine if it is only for a short while.
I unfortunately had the same problem with the +hpt and then soon after the bleeding.
If you need someone to talke to, I am here.

Thanks Dazed, i know i just need to stay positive but can't help but feel anxious as with my 2 elder children everyting was so straight forward with each pregnancy. xx

They told me antibiotics were okay when ttc as long as the test was neg when starting them because things don't pass through the placenta until about 5 weeks or so.

I'm sorry for your loss xxx

Thanks Vickieh, you've made me feel a bit better now xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"