HSG Test & Progesterone Levels HELP!

Kay_

Reaction score
After TTC on and off for the past year I decided to have an HSG test done on March 3rd (it was extremely painful and I was sweating from the amount of pain!). Afterwards they told me that my right tube was letting the dye flow through just fine but my left tube took a little bit of time to get started and then they said when it did go through, the dye was coming through little bits at a time but overall both my tubes are open.

Does this mean that my left tube has some sort of blockage that was clearing up? They didn't seem very helpful in answering my questions and I was left confused after leaving the clinic. They had also mentioned that the same left tube had possible damage probably from a previous abortion (years ago) but that I shouldn't worry about it because It could still function and it was open, but even then they were unsure if it was actually a damaged tube or scarring etc.

I need some sort of advice about this whole situation. They said the test was used with a water based dye. I'm also wondering if its possible that it cleared up something that was preventing me from getting pregnant to begin with, I read online a lot of women ended up getting pregnant after having a HSG. I'm so confused.

Also to add; The same doctor had been monitoring my BBT for the past two months and he said that my progesterone levels were no good because I had a slow rise after ovulation that didn't end up dipping back down afterwards. Any thoughts? I started taking vitamin B6 after that and extra vitamin C. Not sure what to do!:shrug::shrug: I asked him if theres anything I can do to help my progesterone rise and he told me no.

<3 I'm currently on a 4 month break from TTC from January 22nd to May 22nd as DH is away for four months.<3

Of course there are things to help with progesterone. I dont get why he is being unhelpful. You probably need fertility meds like femara or clomid if you have weak ovulation. I think you should switch Dr's
Hopefully the HSG helped clear some of the blockage it, sounds like it did. I had one done a couple weeks ago and mine were clear so it wasnt painful for me. I was super scared it was going to hurt a lot.

Of course there are things to help with progesterone. I dont get why he is being unhelpful. You probably need fertility meds like femara or clomid if you have weak ovulation. I think you should switch Dr's
Hopefully the HSG helped clear some of the blockage it, sounds like it did. I had one done a couple weeks ago and mine were clear so it wasnt painful for me. I was super scared it was going to hurt a lot.

Is that what that means? That my ovulation is weak? Because some months I have lots of EWCM and ovulation cramps although some months I don't have much signs of it at all. It just confuses me because I don't think I had low progesterone before, I got pregnant so easily when I was in my teens (2 abortions and 1 miscarriage, 8 years ago), I'm now 26 and it feels much more difficult.

I conceived the cycle of my hsg. I O&#8217;d the day after the test, conceived (after a year and 2 losses), and my baby girl is now 8 months old. You can have your progesterone tested 7 days after a +opk. Mine was super low. I had to be on thyroid meds as well as progesterone and Estradiol to get my baby girl through first tri. A number of things can cause low P though so you&#8217;d need more tests and there&#8217;s absolutely things you can do to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->