HSG Test...

Hey! I'm trying to get my follow up to be moved up because my doctor won't be able to see me until May (she stays booked). And yes I have heard that the 3months following a HSG could result in a good chance of getting pregnant. Unfortunately, a couple days after my HSG I started what I think was another period. (Let me explain) My last cycle ended 2 days before my HSG but started a second one 2 days after my test. Not sure if that's normal or not but I waited until it ended which was 3 days ago for me and my boyfriend to start BDing. I'm hoping I can join that pool of people who have gotten pregnant after having a HSG, especially since I have no blockages with my tubes.

I'm scheduled for an HSG next week and was wondering if they were any special instructions for you ladies such as have a full bladder or anything before the test?

Hi, there weren't any restrictions but I have my paper right in front of me that I was given and I'll just copy word for word what it says on here:

Please take Ibuprofen(Motrin) 600mg(three 200mg tablets) one half-hour before your appointment.

Instructions
- There are no restrictions on what you can or cannot eat
- if possible, have someone accompany you to drive you home.
- Report any allergies to iodine or iodinated contrast material.
- After the procedure, use sanitary napkins, NOT tampons.

Those were the only instructions listed on the paper I was given.
Good luck with your HSG and please keep us updated with how everything goes.

Hey! I'm trying to get my follow up to be moved up because my doctor won't be able to see me until May (she stays booked). And yes I have heard that the 3months following a HSG could result in a good chance of getting pregnant. Unfortunately, a couple days after my HSG I started what I think was another period. (Let me explain) My last cycle ended 2 days before my HSG but started a second one 2 days after my test. Not sure if that's normal or not but I waited until it ended which was 3 days ago for me and my boyfriend to start BDing. I'm hoping I can join that pool of people who have gotten pregnant after having a HSG, especially since I have no blockages with my tubes.

Probably not a period. I heard some women can bleed pretty heavy after an HSG. I didnt bleed to heavy. I had just spotting for a couple of days. Though I think the first day was a tad heavier than spotting. Ugh, I hope we can all get our BFP's right away!

I'm scheduled for an HSG next week and was wondering if they were any special instructions for you ladies such as have a full bladder or anything before the test?

I was just told to take ibuprofen an hour before the test. I only had tylenol so I took that. I was also told no BD for 24 hrs after the procedure. I think 24 hrs before the procedure as well but that one I cant remember for sure! Also, bring a thick pad to wear right after. My Dr. provided the pad but just in case yours doesnt. You will need it! I had some watery leakage over the next few hours.

@ashley2pink - I'm glad to hear that it was normal bleeding. I was so tempted to contact my doctor because it was a whole week of bleeding and I was convinced that if bleeding occurred, that t would be for only a couple of days, but thanks for clarifying that for me. I too hope our BFPs come soon. I'm getting in as much BDing as I can during this time.

Hi CanadianMoose! I remember your name from a forum probably a year ago now! For the HSG you will take Ibuprofen an hour before. I had to do a urine test before mine so they prepped me ahead of time that would happen so I didn't pee right before I got there. Also as these ladies said a panty liner or pad. My bleeding was very minimal, I only needed the pad for the discharge. They actually told me no sex for 5 days but my O was coming up so I think we only waited about 3 days.

Keep us posted!

Oh wow, 5 days? I wonder why some Dr's say different things? I think we waited 2 days. i was still having spotting at that point, so maybe should have waited for it to stop?

I'm not sure why they told me to wait so long. I haven't heard anyone else say they were told to wait that long so I kind of ignored it. I figured it was bc I had it done at a clinic that wasn't my doctor so maybe they are just overly cautious since they don't really know your medical history etc.

Anyway AF is due for me any day so just waiting for our follow up visit on Thursday with my doctor to go over all our test results for the first time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->