Hubby being ref to a urologist

Tinks85

Reaction score
We got hubbys most recent SA results back today and it hasn't changed, still < 1m :cry::cry:

He is being referred to a Urologist. Does anyone know what if anything a Urologist can do for him? He doesn't smoke or drink and is taking vits already.

Also, although I am pleased they are trying to do something to help by referring him I am worried that this referral may hold up the referral for IVF :wacko:

Am I worrying over nothing girls?

I'm just guessing but i think a urologist will basically examine your husband for physical issues that might be effecting the sperm, in the same way that a women gets her tubes and uterus checked.

He might check for blockages or growths or the position of his testicles - things like that.

I can't imagine it having much of an impact on the timescale for IVF, unless they find something that can be fixed surgically.

Thanks for the reply.

I dont think he will be too happy about an exam. I know I have been trough worse but I think its harder for men when it comes to tests and things.

At least if he doesn't know what they will do he cant back out hehe (not that he really would)

Has your OH had this done?

Think it will be to check for physical stuff that might be the cause. My hubby had a scan which showed he had a varicocele. He's now going to have a small procedure to repair it which might improve motility which is our prob. As far as I know it shouldn't hold things up. They will just want to check there isnt something can be done thats easier than ivf.

We had to have the urologsit app. before we could be referred for ICSI. It good to get this appointment out the way, then if needs be you'lll get on the IVF list quicker.

Also keep phoning them up for cancellations, I did this with all of mine and you really move through the process much quicker!

Thanks

His motility isn't brill but our main problem is his count.

Our next FS appointment is 14th feb so I hope whatever they are going to do they have done it for then.

Feel really down about TTC at the minute and thought I could forget about it (well as much as poss) until Feb.

Really hope that procedure helps your hubby. GL hun :thumbup:

my hubby has a low count and they want him to go to the urologist as well. They want to check if anything can be fixed to help (he had a double hernia surgery when he was little). Our appt is on the 29th but they still went ahead with everything for IVF. I get my meds on tuesday and should be starting them Friday.

Thanks girls.

I see that you are waiting to test springflower, have everything crossed for you :hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->