Hubby now wants to stay team yellow?

BRIT1416

Reaction score
So I'm going nuts having to wait 8 more loonng weeks before finding out what our precious little one is, and now my husband wants to stay team yellow :/ this is our 4th and we are 99% sure this will be our last

So do i join in on team yellow or not?
For those who have stayed team yellow how did you do it?! I tried last pregnancy but caved the night before the scan

It's really hard to say.

I would say that if you've chosen whether or not to find out with the previous one(s) while he didn't, then I would say let him have this one. Basically just compromise.

If you've both been in agreement on all of the others, then I have no idea :laugh2: It's easier to say when one or the other has been able to go with the option they wanted.

But you also have 8 more weeks. Either of you could change your mind by then (not saying try to convince each other one way or the other, but things can change).

This is our 4th and last we've found out with all the others.

So I'm firmly staying team yellow! It's our last chance to have a surprise baby, I want to experience every part of being pregnant and I think being team yellow is part of it just my opinion though xx

It's a difficult one but you might change your mind (or your oh might) over the next few weeks.

I stayed team yellow with dd, purely because I genuinely didn't mind what we had & I'm not one for gender colours, I prefer yellows and greens for rooms & belongings. Plus I knew we could then use everything should we have more children & people would buy coloured things once baby was here.

You could always ask the sonographer to write the sex in an envelope for you and seal it at the scan? Then you always have the option to find out should you wish? X

That's a tough one. I like the idea that PP suggested of putting it in an envelope. Although I would be so tempted to just open it if I had that sitting around my house! :haha:

I am struggling to decide whether to find out or not. I have a scan next week so they could possibly see the gender then but I can't decide whether to or not! I found out last time and loved knowing but part of me wants to just stay team yellow. It's such a hard decision!

I didn't stay team yellow and doubt I will with this one, but I can see where he is coming from, after three it'd be kinda exciting to have a surprise fourth!

We are team yellow all the way!! When in your life will you have the chance for such an amazing surprise?? Think about how much more exciting that moment will be when the baby is born and they announce "It's a boy!" or "It's a girl!". Oh man I just can't wait for that moment, it makes the waiting now seem like no big deal. I definitely understand why people find out before hand but if you are on the fence I say hold out!! It will be so fun!! :happydance:
Congrats!

It definitely is a very hard decision!! And thanks for your replies ladies im going to try really hard to consider staying team yellow! We both wanted to find out with the others so that makes it tough I think we will re discuss finding out when the time gets closer to the scan, thanks again ladies!

We've been team yellow for all of our kids and while I'll admit to being VERY tempted to find out, DH doesn't want to know e.v.e.r. and I know I'd spill the beans sooner or later so I don't find out. Just easier that way. :haha: As for not finding out, just tell the sonographer not to tell you. It's as easy as that. And as a pp said, hearing that announcement after delivery is so utterly amazing that it makes up for all the wondering of the previous 9 months. It's the best surprise in the world.

I agree with dairy -- I've been team yellow with all of mine, and it's such an amazing thing to meet that new to the world person with no preconceptions or ideas of who they might be.

It makes all that hard work just a little bit easier!

Another Team Yellower here! I did it with my first and am doing it again. We have no preference what the sex is, and to be honest for a second baby you don't need to do a lot to prepare for a girl or boy (you get sooooo many clothes etc when baby is born in the "right" colour) and all in all it is just the best surprise ever. I can't wait to relive the moment when DH announces if we have a son or daughter - it was just magical. But like others have said it's all about compromise. I did say to my husband though that when he pushes a human out through his bum he can have final say on the big decisions...but until then... :)

I want to stay team yellow and the hubby wants to know for sure. This is also our #4 and will most likely be our last. We were both on the same page until our doctor told us we could find out the sex at my next appt. I'll be 12 weeks!! It's part of some genetic testing but it's not an amnio. Its just done with blood test but it determines the sex of the baby too. It's so hard to turn that temptation down!! It's like getting a sneak peak at Christmas presents early!!! Lol anyways I guess we'll see how it goes. Maybe they can just tell him and I can not know.

Would that be something you would be okay with?? Maybe only 1 of you knows but it's a surprise for the one who doesn't want to know? Everyone wins!!

We were yellow for DD at my insistence, and I loved it. If we'd known she was a girl, the inundation of pink shit would have started even earlier. (As it is now, I toss most pink/frilly/princess things out.)

DH did want to know, and he wants to know with this one. I'd rather be yellow again, but am seriously considering finding out for his sake. I know there's no way that just one of us can know, because he'd tell his family and my family and his friends and so on. Eventually, word would get back to me.

I give you ladies credit!!! I'm just so impatient and don't think that just one could know either but thank you for that suggestion! :) it's so tempting both ways to either find out or keep it a surprise, I guess if my hubby REALLY wants to keep it a surprise then we will both stay team yellow, but if he changes his mind and wants to know then I don't think I could say no ;)

I think my bf kind of wants to find out, but I want to stay yellow. We can't find out yet anyway, but I'm going to stay strong. This is our first and I'm guessing it will probably be only. To me, it makes no difference whether it is a boy or girl, it's coming either way and it's already been determined, I can't influence it! I don't want to gender train them before birth with pink or blue clothes, etc. I would be more than happy if people bought clothes that were pink or blue. Baby will wear them anyway whether they "match" the gender or not. I wear blue all the time haha.

There are so many reasons not to find out and hardly any reasons TO find out. I can avoid people pushing their wishes on me. Oh, too bad it's a girl, boys are so much easier, blah blah blah. By the time it comes no one will say that. I can also avoid people buying sports-themed things if it's a boy. My bf and I both hate most sports. Columbus, Ohio is the center of football craziness, and I want NO buckeyes clothing on my kid. I actually might specify that in my shower invitation!

Everyone already asks if we are going to find out, and I enjoy telling them no. Just going to be happy if it is healthy and delivery goes without major issues!

Denying yourself the knowledge will make it that much greater to find out. It is just like Christmas. Why go in the closet and unwrap a corner of the gift? Unless you would be SERIOUSLY disappointed and you want to prepare yourself emotionally, then wait. It's one of the few surprises that you know will be positive and fun either way.

Oneill614, I'm in Columbus too. I think my son might currently be the only kid in town without any OSU apparel. But sounds like your babe will be joining the club.

My husband insists we find out in advance. I'd kinda like to stay team yellow this time, but he feels more strongly about it than me.

We were team yellow with firstborn.....my preference...I thought it would help me through labour. I loved being team yellow...I planned for hubby to tell me the sex but they placed him on me in a. Blanket at birth...I had a peek & told hubby it was a boy...for me team yellow is more exciting than knowing. All our 0-3month clothes are neutral from last time...so I have all I need...I am not one for pink or blue anyway so a lot of our baby stuff is gender neutral bright colours. I would say though...if you found out 3 times it might be nice to experience a surprise? Plenty of time for you both to decide what to do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->