hungry baby

Newt

tiny amphibious salamanda
Reaction score
Oscar is an oddball, he never cries (he grunts and wriggles) and is drinking sooooo much. He has about 5 ounces every 3 hours, although sometimes he reduces it to 3 at night. BUT, late afternoon he has a feeding frenzy and will take up to 8oz.

I tried him on the SMA white, for hungry babies and it was just too rich, he was very sick.

Maybe he is just having what he needs, I know all babies are different, and he is growing so fast, (he is nearly filling his 0-3mth sleepsuits) but I do worry that he is taking too much, am I over feeding him?...:baby::wacko:

every baby is different hun and I'm sure there appetites are different too.

Matthew is 3 months old and takes 5oz every 3 hours (if I'm lucky) which I think isn't enough, but I guess if he isn't crying for it before the 3 hours and is gaining weight, he's obviously having enough. I like to think that the babies decide how much they need and if Oscar needs 8oz in that afternoon feed then leave him to it. I wish Matthew would take that much.

I agree with Naimi hun. Oliver was similar though in the late afternoon/early evenings he would just want to eat and eat and eat! But i think its very common for young babies to cluster feed at these times, so i wouldnt worry too much. I always worried Oli was overeating, but i now know he will only have what he needs- he lets me know when he's full and i think that applies to most babies. xx

Colton still only eats 3oz every 3hours. Sometimes, when he wakes up during hte night he will take a 4oz bottle, and then still wakes up in 3 hours for more.
I wanted to try and get him on a 4 hour schedule, but he wont take more than 3oz, sometimes he even only takes 2oz during hte day.
:( My doctor told me he needed to be taking 26-32 ounces a day. Which is 6 3oz bottles and 2 4oz bottles. But he wont take the 4 oz.. He only takes one 4oz a day, and that is his apple prune juice--which he LOVES!
I think it might be because how nasty his formula is though. He was changed over because of him being constipated, and that formula is STINKY!! Plus, before he was changed over he was eating 4oz at every feeding! hmm..

Awww hes got an appetite we had reverse problem - lazy sucker hard to feed :dohh: As said above all babies are different.

every baby is different hun and I'm sure there appetites are different too.

Matthew is 3 months old and takes 5oz every 3 hours (if I'm lucky) which I think isn't enough, but I guess if he isn't crying for it before the 3 hours and is gaining weight, he's obviously having enough. I like to think that the babies decide how much they need and if Oscar needs 8oz in that afternoon feed then leave him to it. I wish Matthew would take that much.
We were seriously thinking this and spoke to HV on her last jabs she was just like shes fine again the every babies different if babies happy you should be if they were below their expected weight it would be a concern but she wasn't. So we're quite relaxed about it now and she'll have what she wants but now considering baby rice :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->