Husband being made redundant! UK

LeeLouClare

Reaction score
We have two weeks till we find out whether my husband is being made redundant. They gave him a letter saying he was one of a whole selection of ppl short listed for it. :(
I'm gonna have to start looking for work.
But I have no idea what we'd be entitled to if he does loose his job :( (he thinks its a sert he will loose it :() he's worked there just little over two years.
What benefits will we have to claim?

What a shit situation, im so sorry.
There is a calculator on the .gov website which will help you get am idea, but you could both put in a joint claim for cobtrubution based job seekers, (if you both have been paying national insurance) and depending on whether you has savings for not that can in turn become income based job seekers.
Housing - if you have a mortgage you won't be able to get any help until you are on income JSA, but may get some council tax help on contrubution JSA. If you rent you maybe able to get some housing benefit right away (or when he looses his job). The best idea is to go to the job centre ( or call the helpline to make an appointment with them) and they should be able to help you out.

Ah hun that sucks! As pp jsa should.be an option, I believe if it is a mortgage they will only pay monthly interest so if its a repayment tye difference has to be paid by yourselves but if renting.then you shoukd deffo get help with that.

Hope he gets kept on.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"