Husband has low sperm

LoverB

Reaction score
what test did your husband take? what procedure did you guys take? Am new here. first time going to see a fertility doctor this friday... hope we only need to do iui.

any response is appreciated. thank you

Hi There! We too just recently found out that DH has low sperm count of (6mil and 7mil). He is now asked to take a few tests: DNA test, a couple of ultra sounds to see if there are any blockage. We just need to find out what is causing this and he may need a surgery. And Doctor is referring him to an Urologists.

I was really heart broken when our Doctor told us this. I felt lie someone died and I felt like I was grieving.

Have you done anything yet? Keep the faith.

I also asked the Doctor if we can do an IUI but she said the count is severely low that after washing he may not have enough sperms to work the IUI. But like another member here said to me, it may still worth a try. So, I will bug my Doctor!

My dh had a 2nd SA yesterday and they were able to freeze some sperm. Have an appt next week to see the FS and to talk about our next step. I'm hoping everything will go smoothly. Did your DH urulogist recommed him to take some thing. Cuz my husband took imipramine hci 12 hrs before bd or sa. Maybe u can ask the doctor about it. Good luck.

The Fertility Clinic is currently working on his Urologist appointment. I can't wait as to what he has to say. We were told however that the wait for the appointment could be 2 months from now. *Grrrrr*.

Keep us posted about the outcome of your next appointment with the FS. I'm sure it'll be good news. :)

Wow 2 months. That's crazy. Why 2 months? Can u can somewhere else? 2 months seems like such along time to wait. Will update u when we go see the fs this thursday. Let's all hope we get bfp!!

Hello LoverB! Just looking to see if you got any update for us? How did it go? Good news, I hope.

Hello Mrs Compass, well we went to the doctor yesterday and told us we need to do ivf! the nurse had ordered my birth control pill so I can start taking it on my cycle day 2. AF should be coming next week. then the following week on March 16 have an appointment with FS to do saline sonogram. then on march 22 we have to attend an injection class. 3rd week of april will do the egg retrieval. I just hope everythi g will be fine.

MrsCompass, what's the news with you guys?

Hello LoverB!!! Thanks for the update. Sounds like this is happening fast for you. I have a feeling you'll get a BFP on your first IVF.

Okay here's the update for us. DH got referred to a Urologist and it was scheduled for May 2nd (?!?!?!?! wtf, right?!) ... but my Dad happens to know the Urologist and he called the Clinic directly and we got an earlier appointment. It's still April 2nd but at least it's no longer a 2 month wait. I can live with April 2nd.

I also have a saline sonogram schedule for March 16th!!!! Same as you :)

Otherwise, no other news to share. I've been inquiring about IVF locally here and it's pretty expensive. I'm not sure if we can afford it. We will have to sell our house or something. But whatever it takes, right?

DH has been very good in keeping healthy. He's taking his multi-vitamins and doing research himself on how to increase his count. We ordered OPK for me online and we'll try and catch the egg monthly ... hoping for miracle :)

I cried this morning because I told my younger (and only) brother about our situation and he said, "well, that means, when my niece or nephew comes, we'll appreciate him/her that much more". <<--- I thought that was so sweet.

How's your DH handling things? How are you feeling?

P.S.
The :witch: is suppose to visit sometime this week.

Hello MrsCompass! DH felt bad because we have to go through this and he blames himself and now we have to spend so much money for this. But he said it will be all worth it. When we went back to see the FS last Thursday we thought she'll tell us we can proceed with the iui. We were disappointment but we decided already if not the iui then will proceed with the ivf. The staff was really nice. The nurse ordered my bcp. My AF should arrive on the 10th or 11th of March. Then yesterday we had to call the financing option. Gave me the number to call so we can apply to borrow money. So glad we got pre approve. Will finance $11,000 which is alot of money. Insurance doesn't cover this. But will cost more than this not including the medication and other things.

You can't borrow money from the bank? Ask the bank first before u sell your house.

I hope you're right about us getting BFP. My HSG was normal except my FSh was 8.6 pretty high. Am the only that has no kids. All my siblings have kids. Have a total of 12 nephews and neices. And they all love me hehe. Well good luck keep me posted and I'll do the same. Take care. Wishing us BFP soon.

MrsCompass so glad u got an earlier appointment. April 2 will be right around the corner. By the way will be doing the egg retrieval 3rd week of April. I have been doing alot of reading online and watching you tube and that hormone injection scares me cuz I hate needles. But i'm sure i'll overcome that :)

Hi LoverB -
How's it going???!!! Hope things are going well.

Mrs. Compass

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->