• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

husband taking clomid

camilitary

Reaction score
i posted this in someone else's thread but no one ever responded so i will try this here....

i think my husband and i are in the same boat. cant remember his numbers i guess i can post later if i can find. after his sa the doctor prescribed HIM clomid. he stated that he doesnt know if that would do more good than harm and it takes about 6 months to know. that was about 2-3 months ago... still havent gotten preg yet... i have been charting and using OPKs... hubby stop using clomid because it was making him very sick. he would be having fevers every time and cold sweats. has anyone else ever heard of clomid for men for fertility? and is there anything else that his PCP can prescribe for fertility besides clomid cause that is a no go...

i have read fertility drugs for men are more experimental right now and now fda approved, although they can be prescribed. i also have heard they dont work nearly as well in men as they do in women. have they recheck his sa to see if it is improving??

the doctor said 6 months before they can see anything

Dont know about clomid for men :shrug:

They do have a fertility-aid for men and women. My dh takes zinc to help his :spermy:

Hello there,

The doctor prescribed clomid for my husband. He will be taking it during 3 months and then have another SA done to see if he had any change/improve. He has low count and motility. He's been taking clomid for a month and a half. He hasn't been sick or anything. I hope it doesn't harm his sperm. He will have another SA done in Aug!

All the best to you!

Hello there,

The doctor prescribed clomid for my husband. He will be taking it during 3 months and then have another SA done to see if he had any change/improve. He has low count and motility. He's been taking clomid for a month and a half. He hasn't been sick or anything. I hope it doesn't harm his sperm. He will have another SA done in Aug!

All the best to you!

how was the second SA?? my husband has to make another appt now for his. I just got thru w/ the testing for me to make sure I ovulate which my day 24 test showed that I did

We were offered Tamoxifen, also an anti-estrogen.

:flow: x x x

Sorry, I realise I don't belong in here but saw the thread and decided to respond.

I know clomid as well as injectables are often prescribed for men who have genetic fertility disorders so there seems to be a few reasons for it.

its okay. thanks for responding. every little bit of information always helps

I know this is an old thread but it caught my eye and am curious how the men did. I had never heard of men taking clomid.

Any updates?

Hey girl...

I have actually heard of men taking Clomid, my DH is a doctor so I asked him about it as well. He said that Clomid is taken to increase sperm count, but does not help with any other factors that are studied in a sperm analysis, which as you may know is composed of: Number of sperm (sperm count), motility (how well they swim) and morphology (what shape the sperm is). The success rate of increased sperm count is around 85% for men who take it longer than 3 months since it takes more than 2 months for the man's body to produce more sperm. I'm sorry to hear your DH suffers from such bad side effects, maybe there is something else he could take to help increase the count.

Best of luck to you! :hugs:

I had no idea that they prescribed clomid to men. Well I wish you guys all the best

My oh is heavily into bodybuilding and i know in the bodybuilding world men take clomid after a comp because they diet downt to such extremes that there hormones imbalance and they need to take clomid or pregnyl to balance things out again and its is well documented that lots of women fall pregnant at this time of the year because of this. Infact, before i knew all of this me and my oh were ttc #1 and had been trying for 1.5yrs approx when he took clomid and i fell pregnant and it wasnt till afterwards that i heard this so whether it was a contributing factor i dont know but its weird how it happened that month. Dont think there should be side affects like your oh is describing though so prob best to speak with your doctor before continuing, good luck Kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->