• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Husband taking responsibility

Chandler10

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have just found out we are expecting our second child. Money is fairly tight as I have been the main bread winner and I'm currently working 3 days a week whilst looking after our first child. My husband has a fairly low paid job which he doesn't enjoy, and is capable of earning more but he won't look for a better job. He can't work part time like I can so that isn't an option.
I don't want our children to have to go without. How do I get him to take more responsibility for our family?
Or am I being unreasonable.

Think you're going to have to Have a serious talk with him. He needs to man up and provide for the family he's choosing to have with you xx

I married and shortly after my husbands company got taken over and they changed directions in work laying him off. Not only did he not look for a job while on EI but after that he waited 6 months for a friend to get them both a grant to work on research. And for 5 years that's the way it went. He'd go on EI when the grant ended and then wait for his buddy to drum up another grant. It was unreiable work, had he been working consistently the pay would have been OK but going on EI for 8 months making next to nothing and then making nothing for 6 months...it diluted any decent salary he got for the research grant.

It took until we were nearly bankrupt until he looked for a new job and the job he got paid in the 6 digits along with pension and benefits. It was there the entire 5 years that he dithered away. During that 5 years, I refused to bare a child when only I was working and feel that I gave up my last fertile years due to his dragging his heels. :cry:

I don't know what to say? We almost lost our rental property and our own home before my guy would look for a decent job. I spoke to his big brother about our situation as well as his buddies. Do you need to stop working your part time hours and go almost bust? It shouldn't have to come to that but I certainly couldn't influence my man to want for more :nope: I'm sorry you're going through this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->