HV Made Me Feel Sh*t

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
As you may or may not know Isobelle has always had trouble feeding, not that lack of, the amount of, and has always been big. 11days early weighing 8lbs 1oz. Today I took her to be weighed and she is 16lb 12oz. I took her back for a follow up appointment at hospital last week and paedeatric doc said she is fine. But HV today made me feel she is having too much.

She has just been upped to 7oz and has 5 feeds a day, which to me, and according to tin, is fine.

HV said if she continues to gain rapidly she will have to be referred back to hospital.

What the hell am I doing wrong? She wont f-ing drink water either.

How much did/does your 15week old weigh?

X

*also posted in FF*

Hi love :) my boy is almost 16lb now and he's 14 weeks, he's on 5 x 7oz of hungry baby, sometimes 6 - usually at least 40oz milk in a day, no night feeds. My HV is fine and also suggested early weaning... My point is, don't take it to heart, I never do, I'm his mummy and he's fine as he is. I'm sure your LO is the same xxx

Ava-Mae is just over 16weeks and she is 14lb 3oz, (weighed today) and she was only 6lb 15 when she was born, so she averages about half a lb a week weight gain. She has also moved from the 25th centile to just over the 50th.

We have also just changed her feeds to 7oz every 3 hours. So that is 5 bottles a day.

Your LO sounds ok to me! I looked in my red book and she is still on the chart so she isn't that big for her age! She obviously just likes her food!!

:hugs:
x

Hi love :) my boy is almost 16lb now and he's 14 weeks, he's on 5 x 7oz of hungry baby, sometimes 6 - usually at least 40oz milk in a day, no night feeds. My HV is fine and also suggested early weaning... My point is, don't take it to heart, I never do, I'm his mummy and he's fine as he is. I'm sure your LO is the same xxx

ta love. im considering hungry baby but hesitant to change formula again...

:shrug:

xxx

i wont type what i called ur hv but i think i even shocked myself lol

im not sure what weight nicole was at that age but she was on 2nd stage formula and guzzling up to 50plus oz.

Your LO sounds fine to me hun, my LO was born on her due date and was 9lb 3.. she feeds every 3 hours and has just upped to 6oz, we weighed her 2 weeks ago and she was around 17lb. we weigh her at home and got told by the HV that this was fine to do. I wouldn't worry unless theres a big diff in weight gain. :)

Her milk intake seems completly normal. Babies under 6 months arnt supposed to have water anyway as far as im aware.

Ignore your HV, River has always on the big side but shes naturally thinned out. If i had tried limiting her milk intake then she'd be underweight now

Riley was 9lb 13.5oz when he was born and at 13wks he was 15lb 7.5oz.

i wont type what i called ur hv but i think i even shocked myself lol

im not sure what weight nicole was at that age but she was on 2nd stage formula and guzzling up to 50plus oz.

:happydance:

i wanted to gomad but i didnt i just cried all the way home..

xx

hey hun chloe was 16lb 8oz at 14wks she was born 7lb 9oz, i havent had her weighed since as the hv told me she was 'getting too big' theres nothing wrong with her so i refuse to go now.
tbh she shouldnt be drinking water anyways not at her age, unless its for constipation. if she wants the milk then let her have it, your hv sounds like an idiot tbh if i were you i just wouldnt get her weighed again

ignore the stupid cow!!!

we were always on the opposite end of the scale - harrison didnt gain enough, but ive learned that as long as they are eating, and they are fine, you are fine then HVs have nothing to stick their noses into. x

hey hun chloe was 16lb 8oz at 14wks she was born 7lb 9oz, i havent had her weighed since as the hv told me she was 'getting too big' theres nothing wrong with her so i refuse to go now.
tbh she shouldnt be drinking water anyways not at her age, unless its for constipation. if she wants the milk then let her have it, your hv sounds like an idiot tbh if i were you i just wouldnt get her weighed again

my MIL told me not to take her again either..they only upset and have a go at you...

ta love..

xxx

my MIL told me not to take her again either..they only upset and have a go at you...

ta love..

xxx

yup thats exactly it, my nan was the one that convinced me not to go back, i cant really say what she said about her but it wasnt overly polite:winkwink: if they want your lo weighed then they will get in contact, just leave it unless lo gets ill and you get worried about her weight:hugs:

Zane was weighed today at 16 weeks and weight 17lb 4oz all the HV said to me is hes doing fab hes just a big lad!..Under 6 months babys dont need water unless its REALLY hot!..Hes drinking between 60 and 80 oz of hungry milk a day so I really wouldnt worry and if there going to upset you dont go back, you dont need to have them weighed all the time Im back at work tomorrow so he wont be going back unless its an appointment x

I would take the word of your pediatrician over a home visitor. The nurses at vaccine clinic here are very by the book and chart obsessed as far as I can tell - where as my Dr. is always thrilled with our bubs progress.

Also, we were told not to give LO water beyond a sip if hot out before 6 months. You may want to talk to your Dr to get all the facts as I can't recall the specific explination....

:coffee:

:hugs::hugs:
i wouldnt listen to her,it sounds like ur lo is doing fine.im sure brodie was taking that much milk at that age as well.
ive not taken him to be weighed by hv for months now-feel like its a waste of my time as i weigh him at home

Is this the same HV who told you to give water to stretch out her feeds? If so, she's an idiot and needs to be retrained.

Your LO is not taking too much for her size - any less and she'd be hungry. You can't put babies on a diet. Even if she is a little big for her age, she'll burn that off as she grows, and I'd say in a few months once she's crawling and running around, the excess will fall off. I see babies at my mum & baby group who are just starting to crawl and they're all roly poly with lovely creases - it's like they build themselves up beforehand.

Dylan is 14 weeks Friday and he has 5 x 7ozs a day. We had him weighed today & he's 15lb 12.5ozs :thumbup:

Take no notice of the silly bint!! x

Your babies make my baby sound like a guzzling fish LOL he drinks 7 Oz every 2.5 hours with a total of about 50+ Oz for an 11 week old. And yes he poo poo's like no tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->