Hyperthyroidism or Graves' disease

CAx3

Reaction score
I was super excited to find out my hcg is progressing well on Wednesday, but I also found out I have hyperthyroidism and possibly Graves' disease.

Does any one have experience with hyperthyroidism and pregnancy?

I haven't been sleeping well (DH says I kept turning and mumbling) since I got the news :coffee: (<-except I don't drink coffee anymore)

Im not preggy right now, but im graves and been pregnant with it. Is there anything you want to know. I had to havea blood test every few weeks and my meds adjusted. Im sorry your having to be stressed out by this, but its really good they caught it early because if it goes unchecked. It can cause alot of problems..so its a good thing they found it. :). Stinks u need to be dealing with it now though. (Hug)

Thanks boobear for your reply. I am not on any med right now. Doctor want to wait out the first trimester and then decide. The plan is to get blood test every 4 weeks. The good news is my free T3 and T4 are currently in normal range and I don't have any obvious symptoms.

I guess I would like to know if there is anything I can do to manage it better. Like change in diet or life style?

Healthy lifestyle is good for u and baby no matter what. I dont think there is anything to do as in diet for ur thyroid. I personally would go to an endocronologist for a second opinion. Graves is serious and if left untreated really can cause bad problems, not just for you. I am told as soon as Iget bfp to call my endo Iiimmediately. Because I can end up sick or I can m/c. I would need a blood test right away and then every three weeks for my first trimester. Then every 4-6weeks. Graves is serious. I dont mean to worry you though, but I rather have an endo doc tell me im ok then an ob or any other docs. Other docs can be very laxed about thyriod, but hyper thyriod is actually a very serious condition. So the only one I would trust is an endocrinologist. I hope that when u are tested u get clear bill of health. Nobody needs added stress. Thinking about you xx

My family doctor did refer me to endocrinologist right away (even before I found out about the pregnancy). The endocrinologist is the one want me to wait out and just monitor every 4 weeks (unless I develop any symptoms).

Well as long as he is ok with waiting I wouldnt worry....as for thyroid and different food to keep it healthy. Im not aware of anything. Someone else may have A suggestion. Congrats on ur pregnancy :D

Thanks!

I am kind of freakingout right now because my husband found a quarter size bald (or really thin hair) spot on top of my head.... I am worried because I thought prgnancy should give you better hair? I also am not sure who to ask (family doc or endocrinologist).

I have never had hair problem before!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->