Hyperthyroidism

Katt

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience of this?

Been told i have it. Done lots of research on google but can't get my head around it. :wacko:

My mum has just been diagnosed with it.
Shes on tablets now and will be for the rest of her life, but at least she will be awake sometimes :lol:

The doctor described it as being without food and sleep for 48 hours and functioning like that constantly.
She has to have blood tests every month for 3 months to sort out the dosage of the tablets.

Ill be following this thread to get a better understanding myself. :)

Thanks for your response! I hope your mum is ok and if I find any useful information I will pass it your way. I have been looking at some changes to diet which might help but haven't find anything concrete yet x

https://www.patient.co.uk/health/Hyperthyroidism-Overactive-Thyroid.htm

hope this helps
xxx

I was hyper for years, now hypo after a total thyroidectomy last year.

Any questions, ask away!

If you're in the UK, then this site will hopefully be of interest to you:

https://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/index.html

Well, the info is good no matter what part of the world you're in, its a great resource. But UK thyroid folks can find local support groups.:flower:

hey hun.. just saw this, i have graves disease so im hyper too!

Hello! I just saw my endo on Monday and i have graves too. I was hoping it was just post partum thyroid disease, but nope, definitely graves.

Is it really that bad? Everything I have read seems to suggest all these awful side effects, battles with doctors, common recurrences, massive weight gain once on ATDs, etc etc etc.. I am sure it can't all be doom and gloom!

For me getting it stabilised was the hardest bit, once I got that sorted it's been plain sailing! I did gain weight but only The weight I had lost to start with! I think the risk is that u end up on a combination of meds which then make u hypo... That hasnt happened to me, I'm actually sitting just on the high side of normal in terms of T4 and T3 but my tsh is spot on, so I think this IS my normal.... I'm hoping to start med withdrawal next month to see if I will relapse... Hoping with all my might that I don't, as i love to be med free for TTC no.2! Did u have the radio iodine?

No didn't have the iodine, they said they wouldn't even consider it because of lo. You have to stay away from kids for 21 days!

I haven't started taking anything yet, still waiting for the prescription.

I hope I don't put lots of weight on :(. I have only lost a bit more than the baby weight! Ugh!

We were supposed to be ttc #2 after Christmas, I hope things have settled by then. Fngers crossed!

I have it, i have also tested positive for anti-human thyroiglobin as well. I go back to the hospital tomorrow for a dye and then a scan on my thyroid, then a biopsy on a lump they found last week. Next week I need to have a heart rate monitor on for 24hrs as I have a fast heart rate due to it and then go back the following week for all results and where to go from here. They also think my thyroid is inflamed and infected.
We have very sadly had to put our IVF off (was starting next month) which I am devistated about, but they need to get your levels right first!

Do you know what levels your tsh, t4 and t3 are and have they tested for anything else yet, done scans etc?

Feel free to pm me if you ever want to chat xxx

Wow. I only had to stay away from ruby for 24 hrs after both my iodine uptake scans!
If u have a good endo u shouldn't have to worry about putting weight on
Hun, they won't want you to end up hypo either! My gp is also fab and allows me to self refer for a gold top thyroid screen any time I feel I need one, which is fab. I take carbimazole, now down to 10mg daily, I think I started on 45! I also took a slow release beta blocker for a long while too because of the effect it had on my heart, but since I got my levels under control I've been able to drop that, with just the occasional palpitation to deal with now! There is light at the end of the tunnel girls!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->