Hyperventilating crying

xQuinnx

Reaction score
My little girl is 11 months old and at bedtime or during the night if she wakes up and isn't held within a couple of minutes and isn't put on the breast quickly she becomes hysterical and cries so much she hyperventilates....this is in the time it takes me to hear her crying, walk upstairs, change her nappy and sit down to put her on the breast.

It's heartbreaking and I don't remember my eldest daughter doing this. Anyone elses baby do this? She did it a bit when she was 3-4 months old, then it got better but now it's back.

She's not left to cry it out etc but the way she screams you'd think she'd been left for hours :cry:

My DD used to do this, I stopped changing her diaper in the night so I would just go in and immediately put her on the breast and that stopped her from getting so hysterical. So long as you LO hasn't pooped and isn't such a heavy wetter that she is soaking through her diaper then I would stop with the nighttime diaper changes. We haven't changed my daughter's diaper at night since she was 4 months old or so.

I agree with PP - there's no need to change her nappy in the night, that will definitely be contributing to her getting so worked up. I haven't changed either of my kids in the night after they stopped night time pooing at around 4/5 months. Just skip the nappy change and go straight to boob.

I totally agree too, I don't think I've changed a nappy in the night since they were newborns and were pooing all the time.

Emma is my most upset at night baby, she is in the bed with me and still gets all worked up quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->