hypno birthing - what to expect

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
hi. im looking into hypno birthing and im just wondering if anyone can give me any insight into what i can expect.

i havent decided if im just going to DIY or do classes. id like to do classes but depends how local they are and cost.

all the websites, as with any type of course, give little away about course content.

i know there are affirmations they give u to listen to and recite but other than that i know very little.

hope someone can help
x

The book with CD, which has the affirmations and 'rainbow relaxation' on it, is only around a tenner from Amazon and I would say is worth getting to check it out.

The course for the classes follows the book quite closely, they go through practical things like the breathing for the various stages, light touch massage to relax you and increase endorphins, etc. I felt it was good to be going over that stuff with a person, rather than judt reading it, although the book explains things very well.

Our instructor also went through the various relaxation exercises outlined in the book, with her reading them out, for us to then go away and practice ourselves.

My instructor also showed DVDs of hypno-births, went over extra scripts with us that we could use, and we had 'homework' to between lessons, so that if we had questions we could come back to her about stuff.

But you could look up hypnobirth videos yourself on YouTube, there are plenty.

I would say getting the book is the best place to start as it really all is in there. I found classes useful, but think I could also have got a lot out of the book and CD alone.

great stuff urbanbumpkin. thanks for the advice.

i agree with u about doing courses over just reading the book. i did allen carrs easy way to stop smoking and couldnt get past the first few pages of the book but the course was great and worked for me. i definitely respond better to human coaching its just logictics and cost for me that are an issue.

ill have a look for that book/cd set on amazon today

x

I should say that you do get the book and CD as part of the cost of the course, so you would kind of be wasting the cash if you are going to do a course, but equally it is a good way to see if you think you would get on with the course content before signing up.

Hope you find it useful, I really got on with it and found it fantastically useful, as did my husband. Lots of great stuff about how your body works, and how you can help it, which really gives you a reason behind all the breathing/relaxation techniques.

It really helps if your birth partner is on board, as it is good if they can prompt you if they see you tensing up, and can do the massage and stuff.

Hi

I did Natal Hypnotherapy and can highly recommend it. I had a homebirth with my DD2 and can honestly say it was absolutely the most amazing experience of my life.

I didn't do the hypnotherapy course and didn't read a book about it, I just bought the cds and did them myself at home. They worked 100% as is proven by my labour and delivery (you can read my birth story in the link at the bottom of my signature).

We couldn't justify the cost of the course and the cds absolutely did a fantastic job and my labour and birth was just as perfect as it could've been so you don't have to do the course or read the books if you don't want to.

HTH :flower:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"