HypnoBirthing Question/s

OgRe_BaBiEs

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
I'm currently reading a HypnoBirthing practice book, I'm 28wks pregnant at the moment and was just wondering whether anyone has tried the HypnoBirthing method (successfully) without the added aid of attending the classes???

The price of a class is well out of my budget! Will home practice and reading be enough to be a success?

My first was born in hospital after a very short active labour (45mins) I was using gas and air (which made me feel sick) I had also had diamorphine (again not for me) and had asked for an epidural due to the AGONY I was in only for it to be too late, she was born!

So I don't think any of the drugs actually helped me at all so don't want them this time around. I feel that HypnoBirthing is highly possible for me and would also like your opinions on whether as the birthing mother you need to 100% believe in yourself that you can achieve what is deemed the impossible (a pain free birth)? I'm a little worried I may waiver at the end.... lol!

Oh! Do you NEED a birthing partner??? My DH is wonderful and he's the only one I want there but sometimes he can be a bit BLAH? He say's he's willing to do the practices with me but think when the time comes (as I'm still opting for a hospital birth) he'll be too embarrassed to follow through with the breathing in company???

Thanks for reading xxx

Well, I'll do the best that I can...

Classes - I did take the classes and found them super helpful. I (and others) have found that many people who run the classes will do a work-share/discounts to make it possible for everyone who wants the classes to take them - might be worth looking in to?

I too was worried that I wouldn't be able to handle my birth in the weeks leading up to it. Although there were times when everything was intense (transition), I was able to do it, even though I hadn't been 100% sure that I could (check out my birth story)

Birth Partner - my DH was my birth partner, and he didn't have to do any breathing or "hypno-babble" with me. We had practised the shoulder anchor at least twice a week prior to our birth day, so he mostly rubbed my shoulders and talked to me during surges (telling me what a good job I was doing - etc...) The biggest thing was that I couldn't sit or lay while I was having contractions, so he basically held me up for 3 hours. I was able to relax and "melt" in to him for them.

Hypnobirthing was probably the best decision I could have made for this birth. Alayna came out active and alert, we were able to initiate breastfeeding right away, and she is still a happy and content baby. As well, I was able to deliver with no tears!

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->