Hypnotherapy in labour info?

MidnightSun

Reaction score
As per a pervious thread I am going to be using Natal Hypnotherapy during my birthing and am a little worried about my sister being my birth partner as she didn't have a good time of it with her little one.

I have been reading the Natal book and there are lots of things that jump out at me that I feel my sister should know about how it all works in conjunction with the hormones etc, as she doesn't believe that anything can lessen the pain of a contraction apart from drugs.

I read with great interest the effect of adrenaline on the body and the 'fight or flight' philosophy and oxytocin, relaxin etc... and my sister needs to know how the hypnosis controls all this... I know if I give her the book though it will not get read as she leads such a busy life.

What I would like to know is - is there anywhere on the web, maybe an article that you have come across that explains the effects of hypnosis in birth and how the body reacts to it to have a 'less frightening' and 'less painful' and 'more relaxed labour' rather than me having to put post it notes all through the book? This way I can just email it to her and there's more chance of her reading it to understand things from my point of view.

Thanks in advance!

I am thinking of tying hypnotherapy too...I will be watching this page :)

There is TONNES of info all over the web relating to birth physiology. A quick google will bring up lots of resources and you can read ones that you think will appeal to your sister and send her a link :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->