Hypothyroid appointment today...

Khadijah-x

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Today I had my appointment with a consultant and a Thyroid doctor (Endo I believe). I previously had 2 miscarriages possibly due to an undiagnosed underactive thyroid so I was really really anxious of getting it sorted this time. Since being diagnosed in 2011 and putting on medication my levels have always been in range but in pregnancy naturally everyone's thyroid levels change so I was anxious and worried to get that sorted!

My thyroid medication was increased by 25mcg without even taking bloods. I wish I had gone with my instincts weeks ago and increased the meds myself without waiting for an endo but hey ho they are now :)

She took my thyroid level bloods and antibodies and said I will be checked every 2-3 months (which I thought was a big gap?)

Also I may have growth scans later on in pregnancy to check baby is growing well too.

So that's it for now. All I can do is take my medication and pray that God allows a healthy successful pregnancy this time :hugs: I am feeling more relaxed now and enjoying the ride..

P's! For those that have a hypo or hyper active thyroid and are on medication, she said to not take the tablets with multivitamins! Take them at separate times and also, to take thyroid med about 30 mins ideally 1 hour before eating breakfast to allow the best absorption. If that's not possible then to take it before bed when the stomach is empty and when we won't be eating afterwards :)

:kiss:

Glad you got in so you can relax and feel more confident about this pregnancy! I know that is a relief. I gave my blood for labs yesterday (at 5 weeks) and will report the the Endo on 2/10 to review labs and make med changes. The sooner the better!!

Glad you got in so you can relax and feel more confident about this pregnancy! I know that is a relief. I gave my blood for labs yesterday (at 5 weeks) and will report the the Endo on 2/10 to review labs and make med changes. The sooner the better!!

Great! I do wish they had just increased my meds at 4 weeks when I got my BFP instead of waiting weeks for an appointment for them to do it without checking levels first anyway! She said she will be in touch after my bloods if there is an issue but if not then she wont be. Will your endo only increase meds if your levels are out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->