I actually feel more scared...

Ethereal

Reaction score
I am honestly more scared of labour this time around than I was with my first.

I had a pretty easy labour with DD, 6 hours on gas and air, no complications and a second degree tear.

But for some reason this time around I'm far more nervous and worried about it, I dont know why, because it should all be fine considering how well my first labour went.

I am the same and this is my 4th!i don't know why it had all very simple deliveries second two both quite quick no pain relief other than gas and air it's the pain of the last phase when baby is on its way out! I can't get it out of my head! Never bothered me before but thinking about it lots this time x

Same here! Btw our kids will be similar in age. My son is also 2 years and 10 months and I am 11 weeks pregnant :-D

My first was not easy, I had back to back labor, and I labored for at least 12 hours where it felt like I had intense and constant contrations. Without any pain meds or anything, and they do not have gas and air here either at the birthing center. The pushing out went quick though, but I am still very scared to feel that amount of pain again.

I do hope that my labour time will be shortened to half, and if so at least it will compensate in that way :) Last time DH could not even look at me, I did not want him to see me that way with all the funny faces I was making. I am hoping this time that it won't be that way and that I can let him hold my hand and such for him to have a more active role in it all <3

I'm the opposite. I had a nightmare of a delivery with my son; 25 hours of labor, botched epidural, his heart rate bottomed out when I was pushing and they had to use a vacuum to get him out. I'm not really worried with this one because one, I've always heard that the second is typically easier and two, I am adamant that I am going natural because I truly feel all of the medical intervention slowed down my labor and put my baby in distress.

They do say that the second labor is normally half the time of the first so hopefully yours will be quick again. :)

With my second I was also terrified ... with my first I did not know what to expect. This time, since I have only known I am pregnant again for one week only and still mainly worrying about getting past at least 8 weeks the labor part has not hit me. If I do get past first tri I am sure I will start getting nervous.

I am honestly more scared of labour this time around than I was with my first.

I had a pretty easy labour with DD, 6 hours on gas and air, no complications and a second degree tear.

But for some reason this time around I'm far more nervous and worried about it, I dont know why, because it should all be fine considering how well my first labour went.

I am more scared this time as well but for me it's because I have developed an anxiety and panic disorder within the last year, I wasn't always like this. so now I freak out at any type of pain (even headaches make me worried that I'm dying!) and blood. Oh lord. This time I'm sure that I will be more of a baby. Last time I was so not scared or worried about anything.

I'm sure that knowing what happens during it, can help. But I never knew how much blood you really lose, or how the pain felt, what your body really goes through and that's scary for me, the change of it all. I hope you feel better about it and can be reassured that everything will be ok!

I'm also fearing labour slightly this time round.

I had a great birth with DD. Waterbirth with no pain relief and 2 internal grazes and I was at home less than 3 hours after she'd been born. I'm hoping to have a home Waterbirth this time round but I'm scared because my mind is set in thinking that lighting doesn't strike twice, couple that with comments from people along the lines of "you never get 2 babies/births the same" and I've already set myself up for worst case scenario

I had 2 not so nice births and I'm not worried this time, what's the point in worrying? It won't change anything and the baby needs to come out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->