I am desperate for motivation. :(

dontworry

LTTTC
Reaction score
UGH, this sucks!

My OH and I both want to lose at least 40lbs each before we start trying for a baby. I need to do it for the health of myself and future baby, and he wants to do it for his self-esteem. I want a baby more than anything, but for some reason that isn't motivation enough. :(

I feel like I am eating more than before now, even though I don't have any reason to. I bought a pedometer today to track my walking for a work competition we're having, and thought it'd be useful for losing weight, somehow, too. I have an indoor treadmill that I am trying to walk on for a half an hour each day, but with the heat I really struggle. I walk my dog every other day (at least) about .5-1 mile, but that is hard, too, since the weather has been steadily in the 90's. I seriously can't find the motivation right now.
I have lost almost all of my libido because of the weight gain (I've gained 20lbs just from our last move alone). I feel miserable all of the time. I hate it, but I can't make myself want to eat less or eat better or walk more. Grrrr!

What is your motivation? Please share something inspirational lol. I am seriously lacking in this department and all I want to do is want to better myself. Do you put up pictures of yourself somewhere to look at all of the time? How about pictures of people you aspire to look like? What do you do?! Help!:shrug:

xoxo

I know how hard it is to get motivated! its took me 15 months!

What helped me was i took a picture of myself naked and it looked horrible! which kick started me
(i am going away in may and i really want to be in a bikini not a swimsuit so that was a good motivation tip aswell!)
Would it motivate you to buy some bottoms that are one size smaller than your size and aim to get into them?

Hope you get motivated soon and good luck on ttc x

Hi Dontworry. I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago and I know this won't help but I went on holiday a few weeks ago and since I have come back I seem to have found my motivation.

Unfortunately I have a lot more weight to lose but for the past 8 months I don't know what has been wrong with me. The more I want a baby, the more I seemed to eat. My problem is that my weight is the only thing that is stopping us trying!!! It's heart breaking but it's my own fault.

Anyway, as of next week I have re-started my gym membership, I am sorting my spare room out so that the treadmill in there can be used and I am going to try the biggest loser diet. I know my worst time is when I am at work as I tend to go out and buy all sorts of rubbish so if I have the biggest loser shakes and soups during the day, I will be less tempted to go out and buy crap.

You're doing well by walking your dog everyday in that heat so it is a start. If you just maybe change one thing each week then it won't seem like such a big thing. Like, if you look at your exercise one week, then diet the next, then think about the little things that can help.

Hope that helps x

Thanks ladies. I think I am going to try a bit of all of this. There are some pictures I recently saw of myself at a baby shower that really scared me. I will probably print those up and put them in my closet or by the fridge so I am constantly seeing it. I think changing one thing a week will be good, too. I need to cut down on coffee and drink more water while I am at work. There is always coffee here so I drink like 2-3 cups a day with tons of sugar and cream. I need to stick to water and maybe a diet soda every once in a while.
I will be back in here soon to start a journal, methinks.

I set myself a goal of loosing 3 stone before TTC my DS. I should have been extremely motivated, but I still found it extremely difficult. My husband (despite not needing to loose weight) joined me dieting for a week to get me on track. Once I had seen the weight starting to come off, there was no stopping me. I lost just over 3st before conceiving my little man. Sadly I have put 2st on since being pregnant and am now back on the diet.

Have you tried joining a group such as WW? I found this a massive help and have re-joined now. I dont go to meetings, but do it online and my hubby does all my weekly weigh-ins! (he makes sure of this, there is no escaping) :)

Good luck to you! :D

I'm the same, I need to lose weight for IVF next August and I start various diets and fail. I get angry with myself because I want a baby so much and yet I can't get my head around losing weight.

I get upset when other says "if you wanted a baby enough you would do it", sometimes it's just not that easy, I want a baby so very much.

I'm looking at giving WW ago again, but cannot afford the meetings or online but I have some books and a WW calculator. I am scared though as I never get past a few days.

:hugs:

I need to drop about 80lbs to be in a healthy bmi range, but the goal is 40 before getting pregnant.
I am thinking that next month I will be signing up for Weight Watchers. I don't have the money for it now but when we get paid I really need to make it my first priority. I am so unhappy with my appearance lately. I hate seeing my double chin in pictures at parties. I want to be healthy and I want a cute, round bump when I am pregnant. I need to get my priorities straight. :(

I'm the same, I need to lose weight for IVF next August and I start various diets and fail. I get angry with myself because I want a baby so much and yet I can't get my head around losing weight.

I get upset when other says "if you wanted a baby enough you would do it", sometimes it's just not that easy, I want a baby so very much.

I'm looking at giving WW ago again, but cannot afford the meetings or online but I have some books and a WW calculator. I am scared though as I never get past a few days.

I have to lose weight for IVF too. We're currently on the waiting list but I need to get my BMI under 35 to keep the place. This should be the best motivator in the world but it just seems like such a massive hurdle. I don't know why I can't stick at things when I want a baby so much. I've got to the point where I don't want to start anything because I feel like there's no point because I know I won't stick to it.

We sound a lot alike! Maybe we could support each other in some way.

My motivation is not liking how I look.
I challenged myself to start running again, then I challenged myself to do a body pump class, my most recent challenge was trying a spinning class.

Now I go to the gym 5 times a week, I go to 4/5 gym classes a week, I walk all the time and it is all with a smile on my face.

The next time you walk your dog why don't you add another half a mile onto your walk? Try the website MAPOMETER to track your distances, then next week add another half a mile.

And if you enjoy coffee could you not try having it with 0% fat milk and 1/2 a sugar? It won't take long for your taste buds to get used to it and you are still having something you enjoy.

Good luck!

xXx

I have to lose weight for IVF too. We're currently on the waiting list but I need to get my BMI under 35 to keep the place. This should be the best motivator in the world but it just seems like such a massive hurdle. I don't know why I can't stick at things when I want a baby so much. I've got to the point where I don't want to start anything because I feel like there's no point because I know I won't stick to it.

We sound a lot alike! Maybe we could support each other in some way.

I've got to the point where I don't want to start anything because I feel like there's no point because I know I won't stick to it.
.......I feel exactly the same!

Support sounds good xxxxxx

Motivation is my main problem too... You would think those of us trying to lose weight to TTC would have enough motivation!!

I used to be a healthy weight and then had a problem with my pancreas releasing a huge amount of insulin... This gave me low blood sugars so I needed to eat constantly. In the 4 months it took me to get diagnosed I had put on over 2 stone. I lost half a stone really quickly once I broke the cycle, but have maintained ever since, despite trying to lose.

REALLY tempted to do a quick fix like cambridge/lighter life because I know I will be able to maintain now the problem is under control... The condition also means that it is much harder to lose weight full stop.

Cant really afford the quick fixes though so trying to do it slowly and healthily. Basically Im just going to up the exercise and keep track of what Im eating (although I really dont eat that badly).

The photo idea is good! Might be brave later and take a naked pic too! :s xxx

Motivation is my main problem too... You would think those of us trying to lose weight to TTC would have enough motivation!!

I used to be a healthy weight and then had a problem with my pancreas releasing a huge amount of insulin... This gave me low blood sugars so I needed to eat constantly. In the 4 months it took me to get diagnosed I had put on over 2 stone. I lost half a stone really quickly once I broke the cycle, but have maintained ever since, despite trying to lose.

REALLY tempted to do a quick fix like cambridge/lighter life because I know I will be able to maintain now the problem is under control... The condition also means that it is much harder to lose weight full stop.

Cant really afford the quick fixes though so trying to do it slowly and healthily. Basically Im just going to up the exercise and keep track of what Im eating (although I really dont eat that badly).

The photo idea is good! Might be brave later and take a naked pic too! :s xxx

Hi,

I am in Hants too!

I am soon to see the pharmacist about Lipotrim, it's like Cambridge but a little cheaper. I need to lose 5 stone for IVF.

x

I'm doing Lighter Life just now so that I can get IVF. I've lost 26.5lbs in 6 weeks. The first few days are hard but knowing they got easier helped get me through. It's really made me look at all the times I was eating out of boredom, sadness and being stressed that I used to do. The best thing about it has been the group counselling sessions, which you don't get with Cambridge or Lipotrim. They are what is going to help me keep the weight off once I've finished this. Unfortunately that's what makes it more expensive too.

I met one woman who'd previously lost 10st in 26weeks with lighter life. I don't have that amount to lose but she is an inspiration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->