I am feeling so fed up- bloating

choc

Reaction score
I am getting so down in the dumps. I have worked hard to lose my baby weight and a lot more, going from 11st 4lb to 9st 4lb. I am at a low weight for my height and dont think I should really lose anymore. The thing is that I get such a bloated stomach. For my weight (and hard work) I should look thin, but I never do apart from when I get up in the morning. I still have to hide my stomach and act like I am still fat. It's not fair!

I measured today and my stomach is 2 inches bigger than this morning and I genuinely look 6 months pregnant, its so perfectly round.

Sorry for the moan, I just thought when I got to this weight I would be able to wear the clothes I want and be confident and I am not.

Have you looked into the foods you eat? I had tummy upset (horrible bloating etc) for years- and it all came down to what I ate! As certain foods can cause tummy upset- even if you have a mild allergy- or if your body overall is off balance it can't digest the foods properly. I finally saw a naturopathic doc and within weeks I felt SO much better.

Just a thought- I know wheat and gluten can have a huge affect on some people. I can have wheat- I just have to be careful with how much. I am always more bloated by the end of the day- just varies how bad depending on what I eat. If I don't eat properly- I Know it will be much worse...

What did the naturopathic*doctor do?

He put me on a restritive diet for 3mos- then I was able to slowly introduce certain foods back into my diet-- mine was made for an anti-inflammatory (due to joint pain)- plus allergines (due to my stomache upset)- to see what was truly going on.

Turns out I do have a slight intollerance to wheat- and truly though, my digestive system was "out of balance" (sorry, best way to explain it) and not processing the foods I ate properly after years of poor diet- ah, the teenage/early 20's! ugh.

Basically- I was not allowed anything but whole grains, meat, veggies and fruit. I had to cut out dairy, peanuts, wheat, corn, anything spicy, coffee (caffeine) and alcohol! It was tough- I'll be honest! But, after a few weeks, I found so many other choices to eat- and it wasn't THAT bad. Not fun- LOL. But all for a greater good! And over that time- I went from horrid reflux (which I was on meds for for years) and upset tummy/bloating almost daily- to NO reflux (yay!) just the occasional heartburn and tums actually work now- to rare stomache upset- and really, only when I over indulge in foods I know I shouldn't. Like greasy or processed sugars etc...

I think you'd need to see a naturapthic doc to see what was best for you- he also gave me supplements that helped re-align my digestive system too. It wasn't cheap- which is a big reason I waited so long to go... but after seeing doc after doc at my regular office, and blood work and scans and just about all else- I kept getting told "all was normal"- but I didn't feel normal- so I finally made the choice to take matters into my own hands and try out a different approach- I'm glad I did and lucky it worked so well for me :)

Might be overkill for your situation- and it can't hurt to ask your doctor first to see if there could be an allergin- I swear they know SO much more about wheat/gluten allergies than they even did when I asked- and that was just maybe 6-8yrs ago. I didn't see the nature doc till about 4yrs ago...

Least there are options hun :) Best of luck!

Sorry for the long response... just one more thing... LOL

You could prob do a little research or buy a book about the Anti-inflammatory diet. Might be a good starting point ;) And much cheaper option!

All this information is really good for me too. I feel so bloated when I eat. I know that I need to eliminate gluten from my diet but it is so hard. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->