I AM GETTING HUGE!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
I cannot believe I have already put on 2 stone!!! before I found out I was pregnant i was probably carrying 7-14 lbs too much after my summer holiday and a holiday to florida (not good for diets) :rofl:
At 16 weeks my midwife referred me due to my size!!
Gyna took one look at me and just lectured me on sweet tooth and excercise!!
To anyone who knows me knows I could probably tell you the calories in almost any day to day food!!
And excercise?!? I love spinning (at the gym on bikes not in a field somewhere) and my legs really benefitted from it!! however on finding out I was pregnant stopped spinning as hard and then eventually stopped all together!! But I still use the gym at least twice a week!! And to top it off work in a restaurant on my feet for 30-40 hours a week!!
I really dont want to put on much more!! im thinking to go back to my diet ways and keeping a food journal!! Maybe I am really overeating!!
I cannot wait until she is born so I can get my figure back!! I feel so uncomfortable already!!
I am 3 and half stone heavier than a holiday i went on in 2006!!! :cry:
Anyone else putting on way too much?!?!

22 weeks and put on 23 lbs. This is also 10 lbs. heavier than I was at this stage with my other pregnancies. I've not been eating much more than I did pre pregnancy and I don't have cravings so rarely eat junk food.

I brought it up with my doctor and he said that it could be due to a lot of water too.

The weight gain is the toughest while pregnant.

If you do have a sweet tooth, try and find something else that will replace the desire for it.

Best wishes! :hugs:

I've put on 25 lbs in total so far, I'm not sure what 'stone' stands for though, it's confusing my Canadian brain!:rofl: I keep forgetting nobody on here is from Canada.

There are a number of us from Canada, including myself. :)

a stone is 14 lbs.... :)
So im on nearly 28lbs at 23 weeks!!!
Im going to start to have more control as from today!!! I dont want to have to battle with like 4 stone once I give birth.... i think it woud put me very very low!!! :(

I put on 56 lb (4 st) with my first son but i think that was purely down to not knowing anything and being a lazy greedymare lol i really struggled to get it off but joined a gym and stuck at it 4 times a week, You'll be amazed how much you lose without even trying when you've got your baby!

Before my first child i was something like a uk size 10, but i put on about 3 stone in first pregnancy, cos my children are only 18 months apart and now on fourth i didnt have much time to loose the pregnancy weight (if that is any sort of excuse).

Now i am a size uk 20 and dealing with this really badly, in this pregnancy i seem to have not put on that much i would say about 10 lbs so far but i lost about 7 lbs at beginning cos sickness was so bad.

After this babs i have really got to try and loose some weight as i already have high blood pressure and fear for my health.

Hope you are not like me and craving for every sweet thing in sight.

BE STRONG AND TRY TO BE GOOD.

(THIS IS WHAT I TRY TO TELL MYSELF).

GOOD LUCK HUN.************************8

There are a number of us from Canada, including myself. :)

Me too! I've been pretty lucky so far with my weight gain, only 10 pounds or so but I wasn't small to begin with.

i dont get the weight things to be honest but at the start i was 52kg an now im 64kg ? haha

Ok i just found out that 52kg is about 9stone 1lb + 64kg is 100 stone :'(

Im normally such a healthy fitness freak lol.... think im just taking the opportunity to eat wat i want to the extreme lol!!!
cant wait to get back to the gym!!! :)

I started another thread however about my knees and im quite worried that my weight gain is putting them under alot of strain!!
no one has replied to me on that thread tho :(

My appettite had soared all the way through being pregnant, i haven't dared get on the scales recently, last time i got weighed i'd put about 35 pounds. My MW hasn't mentioned anything though, so i'm not going to worry.

I used to maintain my weight at 9 stone 4lb for years and regularly excericsed but stopped doing this once i as pregnant, i will start again once baby is here.

I too have put on a lot of weight since getting pregnant. I have really been enjoying my pregnancy - a bit too much maybe! I have stopped weighing myself and my midwife has stopped weighing me too.

I am going to breastfeed (hopefully) and join Weight Watchers so hopefully I will lose the weight that way after the birth - till then I have kinda given up! As long as my beanie is fine I am happy.

Christine
XXXX

good attitude christine...
most days I feel positive about once the baby gets here, being a healthy active person pre pregnancy Im confident I will once again get back to my pre pregnancy weight!! Like you I will also breastfeed!!!
:)

I know what you mean!! Im 5ft 10 and was 14stone 9lb in Jan. Started Weight watchers (core plan) and going to the gym (training for the half marathon I now cant run!) and had got down to 12 stone plb by the end of march. FOund out I was pregnant on easter sunday and havent dared go on the scales since!! My midwife weighed me at my booking in appointment and I was about the same but I know I have put weight on as I have been eating bread etc that I havent touched in months.

I thought Id loose weight with the no alcohol but no luck!

Having said that, try not to worry to much, the weight isnt that hard to loose afterwards if you enjoy excerising (and have the time and energy!). I keep telling myself ive done it once i can do it again!

Ive always struggled with my weight drives me mad!!!!

my 1st pregnancy I put on 1 stone and lost it straight away (all baby)

my 2nd I put on just over 2 stone and lost some but not it all

this time round I had a severe craving for galaxy caramels :shock: and put on just over 4 stone !!!! Ive lost some but I still feel like a whale :hissy:my OH keeps saying I look fine and shouldnt be freaking out coz Ive just had a baby and give myself & my body time but I seriously need to start dieting and try to do some kinda excersise now coz she is gonna be 3 months on Fri. :dohh:

Just keep your chins up........ doesnt matter how much you put on enjoy your pregnancy worry about after the baby comes ;)

carries,
Im 5ft 9 also and quite big build!!
At my recent smallest I was 12 stone 9 which sounds alot to people but I looked relatively good!! I think at 11 and half on my frame I would look the best I possible could basically!!
My august holiday last year I think I weighed about 13 stone.... (really wanted to lose weight for my november holiday but really didnt get the motivation)!! And shot back up to 13 and half!!
However my 22nd birthday in november I dared go out dressed in nothing but a corset a pink tutu (and black knickers) plus fish net suspenders so I didnt feel that conscious!!
Then the florida holiday, weighed myself on coming home and I was 14stone....!!! Week later i found out i was pregnant, so my plan on (diet starts when I get to England didnt happen)!!! 4 months later and Im now 16 stone!!! IM SO GLAD we dont have to walk around with our weights written on our foreheads!! However I think I need to start being more careful in my pregnancy.... if I put on a total of 4 stone that would shoot me up to 18 stone!!!
Not good... and not healthy!!!

Kerry, it sounds like you have very similar frame to me. I was 12 1/2 stone (5'8'') when I got pregnant and even then I wanted to be lighter. I have no idea how heavy I got, I was never weighed by my MW. I do know though that at 35 weeks i jumped on the scales and was 15st, at 37wks I then ballooned with water. I felt fine with it, kept walking the dog, kept going to uni, and had a good labour. The water came off a month later. and I am now a size 16 and aiming for the moment to get back to a size 14, but I tell myself it took 9 month to get this big so it will take a while to get back.
I guess what I am trying to say is try not to worry, as long as you feel ok and healthy and is eating well then its ok. It is difficult to deal with the weight gain, but you have the perfect excuse and it will come off eventually. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->