I am not old

Natsby

Luca born 9-11-2012
Reaction score
( copied from another thread) I just want to say, OK actually shout I AM NOT OLD I´M ONLY 38!!!! 45 is not old, old is 90 old is not fit, not with it, no energy, old is a state of mind but old is not me and I´ll be a great mum when it happens no matter what age I am so can we all stop focusing so much on our ages, young people have fertility problems too. My friend here is 30, just and she has been trying for 3 years with no bfp. We live longer healthier lives than at any other point in history, in 20 years time this will be so normal no one will mention it. Humans stay younger longer, just ask my line dancing mum, 69 this year, so ok our eggs are older too, but surely they have also benefited from better living standards too, if that wasn´t true then surely it wouldn´t matter what we did, we could all smoke and drink like fish, but no those things do harm, so the good things must do good. my 38 year old eggs are a 2011 stardard, and that is gold standard. We are not old. Right rant over race you to the swings!!!!!

Apparently according to something I read about people and health and 40 is now the new 30 in terms of health and life expectancies :)

I still feel the same as I was at 25 - I am roughly the same weight, I have the same energy levels and mentally I feel the same as 25 but that was about 5 mentally :laugh2: And according to my Wii Fit my Wii Fit age is between 22 and 27 years old :happydance:

My mum is 71 this year - opps sorry she's telling everyone she's 59 and getting away with it :D and she is my example in life. She drives everywhere and people think it's a boy racer; she eats what she wants and has the occasional whiskey or G&T but doesn't smoke; she is always out in the garden digging & weeding and walks her 2 dogs at least 2 miles a day and believes she is only 40 and acts like she's 4 a lot of the time :laugh2: but I believe that keeps her young :)

My MIL is 62 but she carries on about how old she is; she struggles to walk more than a mile; she thinks she should stop driving (I agree but not due to her age) and she struggles to do any physical activity. She is tee total; has never smoked and really watches what she eats but she believes she is old so she is :nope:

Age is a number and if you allow it then it can become a state of mind :nope: So come on ladies who's joining me on the seasaw? :laugh2:

I couldn't agree more! But in all fairness, because of the nature of our forum there is an obvious focus on age, I know I do it, lol. If we want others to see our age for what it is, just a number, then we women need to do the same thing!

So let me start over, my name is dachsundmom, I'm a POAS addict, I hope to get a BFP soon, and my age is irrelevant, lol.:happydance:

So let me start over, my name is dachsundmom, I'm a POAS addict, I hope to get a BFP soon, and my age is irrelevant, lol.:happydance:

Hello :hi: My name is Macwooly and I'm becoming a POAS addict and I love acting like a 4 year old :happydance:

Hello my name is desperado,I have been an addict for five years and I still feel 21,:haha::haha:

you guys have just made me smile no end....having a down day today, probably something to do with it being CD1 and still unsure whether 40 and ttc is the right thing for me(sorry really don't want to be negative) I think i have been feeling this way since watching that crappy program the other night about being to old to be pregnant, but all of your comments are so uplifting and positive.XX

my mum would never tell me her age when I was growing up and I used to get annoyed and didnt get it. she would say 'then you will think of me that age'. well now I totally understand it! I hate telling people my age, and people often think I am younger than I am. My hubby is 29 and I dont feel 9 years older than him. It really is just a number.

I was a little hurt on another thread in a different section on here a while back when someone who was 28 mentioned she wanted to be a young mum and have energy for her kids. I told her that it stung a little, and that I honestly dont feel any older than I did at 28. But when you are 28, 38 seems old. Like 48 seems old to me now, but I will be there soon enough and Im sure feeling the same!

I think it comes into conversations as we are in this forum plus the reality is our eggs are far less in quantity at this age and the quality may not be great too. but like Ive said in other posts I have a great FSH level, seem to ovulate every month and get a period, so Im sure I can get a bfp!!

I'll be 37 in September, but I don't feel a day over 21! My mum used to always say "you're only as young as the man you feel" :thumbup:
poop, that'd still make me 37 :haha:

you guys have just made me smile no end....having a down day today, probably something to do with it being CD1 and still unsure whether 40 and ttc is the right thing for me(sorry really don't want to be negative) I think i have been feeling this way since watching that crappy program the other night about being to old to be pregnant, but all of your comments are so uplifting and positive.XX

I know sometimes my posts make it seem as if I might not take all of this seriously, but I am very good at compartmentalizing things; I find that if I don't laugh when and where I can, I would just end up in a corner somewhere crying, lol. As much as I appreciate the advice and support I get here, I treasure the way you ladies make me smile!
:hugs:

I know sometimes my posts make it seem as if I might not take all of this seriously, but I am very good at compartmentalizing things; I find that if I don't laugh when and where I can, I would just end up in a corner somewhere crying, lol. As much as I appreciate the advice and support I get here, I treasure the way you ladies make me smile!
:hugs:

I think not being "serious" all the time is the best way to be! All this ttc stress would send us all to the loonie bin otherwise. We gotta have a laugh every now & then! :thumbup:

When I was growing up and asked my mum how old she was she would say a year younger than my godmother if I then asked my godmother she would say a year older than my mum :)

When asked now I say 5 months younger than DH and he now knows the rules so he says 5 months old than the wife :laugh2:

When I was growing up and asked my mum how old she was she would say a year younger than my godmother if I then asked my godmother she would say a year older than my mum :)

When asked now I say 5 months younger than DH and he now knows the rules so he says 5 months old than the wife :laugh2:

That is wonderful! My mom always told me that you can tell a woman's age by her hands; no matter how good everything else looks, the hands will be the dead giveaway. So whenever I see a woman who looks like she might have had some "work" done, I check out her hands, lol. :wacko:

That is wonderful! My mom always told me that you can tell a woman's age by her hands; no matter how good everything else looks, the hands will be the dead giveaway. So whenever I see a woman who looks like she might have had some "work" done, I check out her hands, lol. :wacko:[/QUOTE]

Thank you girls for this thread, you have made me laugh. And the hands thing is true but not totally....ive got the most horrible old wrinkly hands...they have been like that since my teens!!! in fact, if we were to go by the age of our hands then i must be 80!!! honestly!!! my husband is 6 years my junior and one of the first things he said to me was crikey your hands dont match you and the rest of your body do they! lol. what a smooth talker.

Anyway, this is my first post of many on here I think. A big hello from me :hi: Im 35 and this will be our first months of TTC1. So fingers crossed and good luck everyone.

Thank you girls for this thread, you have made me laugh. And the hands thing is true but not totally....ive got the most horrible old wrinkly hands...they have been like that since my teens!!! in fact, if we were to go by the age of our hands then i must be 80!!! honestly!!! my husband is 6 years my junior and one of the first things he said to me was crikey your hands dont match you and the rest of your body do they! lol. what a smooth talker.

Anyway, this is my first post of many on here I think. A big hello from me :hi: Im 35 and this will be our first months of TTC1. So fingers crossed and good luck everyone.

Hello and good luck TTC - hope you don't have to wait too long for your BFP :dust:

I must admit my hands generally match my age but when I was at my heaviest they looked great & young - I reckon the fat filled out the wrinkles :haha: But now if I have a manic cleaning day and forget to put rubber gloves on my hands look like they belong on a 90 year old :nope:

most of us are too immature to be old....
for example,
just to drive my DH crazy, I never replace the toilet paper....
I always leave 1 sheet on the roll, so he is the one that has to go and find and replace the toilet paper....

i also like to hide behind the door when he comes home and pop out to scare him...i do this on a regular basis....and i scare the hell out of him....every time....and no, he's not daft, at least i don't think he is...

i also like to hide behind the door when he comes home and pop out to scare him...i do this on a regular basis....and i scare the hell out of him....every time....and no, he's not daft, at least i don't think he is...

:haha::haha::haha::haha: legend!

most of us are too immature to be old....
for example,
just to drive my DH crazy, I never replace the toilet paper....
I always leave 1 sheet on the roll, so he is the one that has to go and find and replace the toilet paper....

Classic :rofl:

I will routinely put an ice cube down DH's trousers and heaven help him if he comes near me when I have the hose or shower turned on as he will always get a soaking :haha:

Bwah ahahahahaha :thumbup:

That is wonderful! My mom always told me that you can tell a woman's age by her hands; no matter how good everything else looks, the hands will be the dead giveaway. So whenever I see a woman who looks like she might have had some "work" done, I check out her hands, lol. :wacko:

Anyway, this is my first post of many on here I think. A big hello from me :hi: Im 35 and this will be our first months of TTC1. So fingers crossed and good luck everyone.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the only place where saying I hope you don´t stick around long here is a kind thing to say. 1st month eh? well good luck and I hope you get you BFP. Until then we are here for you, advice, support and by the looks of this general silliness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->