I am obsessed with this name!!

sopho30

Reaction score
Ok so we dont know gender as of yet, have scan booked in for 16 weeks.. But i love the name xander for a boy....what do u all think?

I really like Xander. Nice choice x

Very nice! I wanted it for a boy since I was a teenager. Dh didn't like it so I have ds the middle nsme Alexander... now dh says what about Xander.... I could just strangle him lol

I don't like it ...it's a bit faddy and quite popular now. I prefer Alexander that way you can use Xander, Alex and the full name which is a bit classier and classic imo.

My sisters little boy is name Xander :D
I personally like it spelled with a Z but otherwise it's cute.

If you love it though it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. It's tough finding a name you love (ask me how i know :lol:) so if you've found "it" then stick with it!

It's good so long as you give him the full name Alexander, and just shorten it. I was just saying this on another post actually, but it can sometimes be a bit weird to use a nickname as a full name. Plus, as another poster said, it gives you more choice with various nicknames.

Here, Xander is actually considered a full name. Though it can be used as a nickname, it is also considered a full and complete first name and is readily accepted as such. :flower:

Yeah of course it can be used as a full name, so can names like Sam etc. But, personally I think it's nicer to give them the original full name, and use a nickname as a nickname. Besides, when he's older he then gets more choice which is always nice.
My DH is an Alexander and what's great about it is that his family call him Al, his friends call him Alex, and some of his workmates call him Xander (more to wind him up though because it's uncommon obviously).

Love xander (don't think it needs to be Alexander)

thanks for all ur replies...I love it and will just be xander not alexander , we are thinking of starting with a z too...
Ive never come accross anybody with this name where i live, so thats why i like it so much x

Thats a good reason to like it! i am a fan of the uncommon name as well:flower:

Love it! I would be having it if my other half liked it :( Also Xavier is similar and I loveeeeee that too xxx

I like Xander but I'm with the camp that would go for Alexander and shorten it. I think I'm just old-fashioned and there's no reason why YOU shouldn't go for Xander on its own!

cute name just find its really popular these days...good friend of ours named her son Zander...

What about Zaidan?

I like it :) its quite different but doesnt sound silly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"