I am refurbing a pushchair :)

ShirlWirl

Reaction score
I got hold of a bugaboo gecko for free! It is in fairly good condition but I need to smarten in up a bit. There are a few scratch marks that I need to sort out and I have to replace the matress (of course) - but everything else can be washed - I have already washed a couple of bits and they come up really nice. I am doing the same with a car seat - it is a really good Maxi cosi one, just a but grubby. I have washed the lining which has come up nice but I might choose to get a new lining fot it - maybe in pink or blue when the baby is born :winkwink:
I am quite excited about it - if it doesn't work out how I want it I will have to sell it on ebay and just buy a new one but I think I have just saved myself £800 which we were planning to spend!!
I think my friends dispare at me because I'm so tight but hubby loves me for it hahaha!!
When I have finished I will post some pictures :)
Anyone else getting second hand?

awesome! We're saved over £400 getting our buggy second hand, feels great to get a bargain :D I'd be careful with the cat seat though, if it's even been in a minor bump it shouldn't be used so it's generally advised to get one new just in case. if you know the person you got it from and they are sure it's not been in any accidents I'm sure it's ok but if it came from eBay I'd be wary Xx

Yeah - it is so cool to get a bargain! I got the car seat off a friend, it is only a couple of years old and no bumps :) so I am more than happy to take it off her hands!!

There are certain things that wouldn't buy second hand and I have bought a lot! But I think hubby saw the colour drain from my face when we were looking at pushchairs and the price of them! I know you can get really nice new ones for very reasonable prices but we'll see how this one goes and hopefully it will come up nice and sparkly new by the time I have finished with it :)

Got ours second hand too!

We got a great deal on a Mama's & Papa's Ultima travel system in excellent condition: £100 for everything including all the accessories such as the parasol, and some items which were still new in packaging!

I am washing all the bits that come off it and we are also getting a new mattress for the pram, and can't believe we saved over £800 going this route!:happydance:

i got my double pram 2nd hand :) it cost £60 instead of £200+ and it came with a car seat (which we aren't using as don't trust the condition) and we also got bits like a seat for the back of the bike, and a bike trailer type thing that came with it too. They've all come up really nicely :)

i bought my oyster travel system second hand. It came with the pushchair, carseat and carrycot. It was like new! So im happy that i saved :-D Im planning to get some colour packs so i can change the look at a small price too.

Aw brilliant, I got a second hand gecko too, they sell the reflectors on eBay to cover up the scratches I got them
For mine :) just search cameleon scratch cover and it will come up. Definitely worth the price! Xx

I got my silver cross for free and cleaned it up it looks brand new and is such a gourgeous pram can be used up until three years old to so saved a fortune xx

Aw brilliant, I got a second hand gecko too, they sell the reflectors on eBay to cover up the scratches I got them
For mine :) just search cameleon scratch cover and it will come up. Definitely worth the price! Xx

Ahh thats brilliant! Thanks for that info - I will have a look. I am going to try some T-cut on the frame and see how it comes up. I'm off to have a look at the reflectors now :)

It's great if you can get a bargain - expecially when you excpect the worse and it is like new lol! Congratulations on all your bargains! This means less waste and more money for baby :happydance::happydance:

Yey! They're brilliant :) let me know how the tcut goes! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->