I am so annoyed with my MW department!!!...Sorry long RANT!!

MummaBump

Mother of 3
Reaction score
I feel totally neglected!! The last MW appointment i had was my 8 week booking in appointment!... I called them when i was around 16 weeks asking if i needed to book an appointment.. and was told No i have an appiontment booked for 22weeks (today) and they don't need to see me until then!!

So i get there today and they ask for my handheld medical notes, I explain i don't have any as i haven't seen a MW since my booking in.... she then tells me i should have had atleast 2 other appiontments with a MW by now.... WELL THATS NOT WHAT YOU TOLD ME ON THE PHONE WHEN I WAS 16 WEEKS!!!! she then tells me it's my responsibility to make the appiontments "I BLOODY TRIED BUT WAS TOLD I DON'T NEED TO!!!"

So then she tells me "Oh dear we don't seem to have your notes!" so i sit there for an hour whilst she trys to find them! When she finally finds "some" of my notes, it turns out i am seeing the consultant not my MW (so still no bloods taken throughout my pregnancy so far!!!) I get into the doctors office and she says she can't assess my iron levels (obviously) as no one has ever bothered taking my bloods.... so now i have to wait until im 29 weeks before i see a MW and some fucker takes my bloods! and then go back the following week to meet with my consultant!!!... That's if i haven't killed over by then!!

I feel totally neglected i suffer with anemia my levels dropping to 6.1 some times (since i PPH with my first baby) and have had very low blood pressure this whole pregnancy, I was promised i would be looked after and a birth plan would be drawn up by a consultant early on and so far no one has even checked my iron levels.... I'm so angry!!!

I was hoping to get this damn SPD sorted today but as i still haven't seen a MW i have hobbled out of there with out being referred to a physio and will have to suffer with it until i finally get to see a damn MW at 29 weeks!!!!!! Grrrrrr

Is it possible to change hospitals at this stage??

hugs hun :hugs: thats terrible that you havn't had your bloods taken or anything yet. Can you not put a complaint in? The way theyre treating you is not right xx

That's really not fair...I would take a nice deep breath and write a formal complaint outlining just what you've said above and pointing out the inconsistencies in what you've been told and what has occured (i.e. you were told you'd be followed closely for iron, nobody has taken your blood, you were told NOT to book an appointment at 16 weeks and then told you should have booked two)... I would ask that they book a midwife for you this week and take your blood so that you can meet with the consultant when you're 29 weeks and go from there.

In this situation it is their mistakes that have set you behind and it is only right that they rectify the situation.

Sorry you've gone through this, I'd be fuming!

You should be able to change hospitals at any stage. If you are thinking of going private, then you definitely can. Not sure how straightforward it would be on the NHS though, but you don't know until you ask...

QT

Thank you Ladies.... I think i will make a complaint, The consultant even said today how important it is to keep watch on my Iron levels from early on as i needed iron infusions throughout when i was pregnant with my DD and then i PPH'd (Haemorrhaged) after labour and needed a blood transfusion... they are meant to be building my iron levels up so it's not so traumatic if i do Heamorrhage again! which i am high risk for as it happened after both my labours (I have 80% chance of it happening again!) I'm so angry.... I think i will look into changing hospitals as i'll be 30 weeks before my first blood results come back thats totally ridiculous!

They are neglecting you! It shouldn't be up to you to make the apps, how on earth would you know when they want to see you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->