I am so scared I may have hurt my baby... Can anyone please offer some advice?

amanda111308

Mama to 3 boys
Reaction score
Hi everyone, today I took my kids to the beach because it was finally nice enough to go. Anyways my 3.5 year old son got away from me and was missing for about 10-15 mins in which time I grew into a hysterical mess... The little turkey had wandered away and was playing nearby with some other kids in the sand but he was hidden from sight because he was hunkered down behind someone's beach shelter. Police were called and I had an amazing group of mom's and grandmothers run to my aid and between all of us he was found safe and sound. I could hardly breathe from the amount of panic that had overtaken me by the time I seen him.

Now that we are home and everything has calmed down I am worried about how that spike in stress may have hurt my baby. I am almost 13 weeks along (this Thursday) has this ever happened to anyone else? Has everything been ok? Please someone help me calm down!!

First just let me say how scary that must have been. I’m glad everything is good and everyone is safe. I think the baby is fine. Stressful situations happen. A parent of mine was diagnosed with cancer and required major surgery and treatment and, while stressful, my baby was born happy and healthy. Speak with your doctor or midwife if you need added comfort and assurance. My midwife was very helpful during my stressful time.

Oh gosh how stressful and upsetting for you... kids are they reason we go grey! Glad he was found safe, well and completely oblivious!

Ive been through some extremely stressful situations when pregnant abd baby was ok, try not to worry. Theyre hardy little things!

Thank you ladies! I have calmed down an immense amount since I posted yesterday. I had one more good cry last night as I tucked him into bed thanking God he was found safe and unharmed. The beach was so packed, people EVERYWHERE. It felt like a scene from a movie and I was terrified thinking about every worse case scenario, was he snatched? Did he drown? Did he run out into the parking lot and get hit? Nothing describes the relief when my eyes fell on him being brought back to me by a stranger, a fellow mom who had this total look of been there mama it's ok and gave me a massive hug.

Ah bless you, ive been there too any its terrifying... i cried aswell! Theyre just so bloody quick arent they?!

I'm glad your little guy was safe! I can't imagine how awful that must have been for you!

Your baby is fine. :) During my last pregnancy, my uncle with whom I was very close died unexpectedly when I was 36 weeks pregnant. The next week was a VERY hectic and stressful time for me (and my whole family), however baby boy stayed put until after 41 weeks and was happy and healthy upon arrival. Don't worry mama!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->