I am so shocked - can't get over this

Juniper1

Reaction score
My husband and I have been together for about 11 years. We just celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary at the end of July. That night we went out to celebrate with dinner and drinks. We had talked last spring about trying sometime in Fall of 2010. However my sister announced that she is getting married in Mexico the Fall of 2011. I didn't want to miss the wedding, so if we were serious about starting a family we needed to do it soon. We mutually agreed that night we would start trying, as my fertile window would open up the next week. I had went off of birth control about six months ago, and we were just being very careful.

So we BD on Sunday August 1st, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and again on the 7th. In preperation for a first month failure I purchased pregnancy tests, ovulation tests and a BBT on the internet soon after the fertile week ended.

AF was suppose to arrive on August 17th. I decided to take a test that morning to see the result because I needed to know for plans the next weekend (to go out with friends and drink or claim I needed to stay home and do something else). I had gotten a BFN, but I wasn't terribly upset about it, as I heard it can take awhile. So I took another test on Thursday August 19th, as AF still hadn't showed, again another BFN. So I went out on Thursday and Friday night and partied it up, with an old friend. On Sunday August 22nd I decided I would take another one and I got what I considered a faint line. I didn't think too much about it, but decided to take another one the next day. The next morning I used another cheap pregnancy test I had gotten from the internet and I told my husband if he saw two lines I was pregnant and if only one, then I wasn't. He said, well I only see one, as again there was another light line on the test. I took a picture and posted it on the forum here and everyone claimed it was a BFP. I got very excited, nervous and scared at the same time. So the next morning (August 24th I took again another (expensive - digital EPT) test and the "PREGNANT" came up in less than 15 seconds.

I am so nervous. I just assumed this process would take months. I called my doctor and she said I am 5 weeks along with an anticipated due date of 04.28.11.

Anyone due about the same time and want to be bump buddies?

Hiya,
Im TTC at the mo, 4/5dpo so hope this month will be my month but just wanted to say congratulations! :happydance:
Well done for your :bfp:
Lots of luck to you and bump!

Marie
:hug:

Babygirlhall, thanks and good luck to you. I will send positive thoughts your way!! I hope this is your months too!! Keep me posted.

Congratulations, if you go to the buddy section near the bottom of the main page, i think its in the lounge area there's a group of us chatting all due round about the same time as you, you would be more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier. Its titled bump buddies-mid/end April or something like that xxx

How wonderful, congratulations!!! Im nearing the end of my first cycle of TTC and although Im like you - bought OPK's and will be splashing on a proper thermometer and HPTs for next month - Im secretly hoping it may happen to me this month.

Have an amazing pregnancy hun x

a big congrats hun happy and healthy 9 months xxxxx

Congratulations, have a happy and healthy 9 months.

V xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->