I am so sick of the way i get treated on bus

I hate getting the bus with DD for this reason. I am dreading my impending first bus journey with the double pram!

I used to use a double pram when ds was born was hard work specially if i had to fold it

I don't think I could fold the double even if I wanted to! DD isn't walking yet and I always get the bus on my own so would be impossible to carry both kids and fold the pram too. Think I'll stay at home for a few more months :haha:

Oh i hate buses for this reason! I was in spain recently and had to get a bus i had my niece who was 5 months old in a pram and my son, it was packed, you just couldn't move. I stood near to one of the side doors and everyone was pushing and pushing, i got the pram stuck in the door and it was closing on it, my son was nearly falling out every time we went round a corner! They are my worst nightmare with prams and children, you would think they would do more to accomadate prams x

I remember being refused to go on a bus coz the buggy space that can fit 2 was bein taken up by one small buggy and the woman refusing to move it over so that we could fit on...
There is this one woman who I would see who purposely would sit in those spaces and refuse to move for anyone.. She always looked like she had a rod up her bum. If I need the seat I just say can I sit please. Whenever I get a bus by myself I always sit further at the back so I'm not in anyone's way..
There was this time when I was on the bus by myself not to long ago (so I'm big!) and te seats were close together. I went to get off but the woman refused to get up and just moved her legs.i couldn't get passed so I said I any get passed and she just carried on sitting there.. Really had to squeeze, but I pushed against her legs.. Lazy cow shoul of just stood up..

if you see her again....save up a pluff to do in her face as you squeeze past! Will serve her right!

So friggin rude. I cant hold my tongue in situations like that.

We can't afford a car and we live in a village so I have to get the bus if I need to go anywhere and it's an absolute nightmare, hence why we are are usually at home.

I swapped our 3in1 pram for a smaller buggy when LO was 9 months (I think) to make it easier on the bus but I still get evil stares. My LO won't sit on my lap for more than a minute so I can't fold it up. Of course I would get off if a wheelchair needed the space.

We can't afford a car and we live in a village so I have to get the bus if I need to go anywhere and it's an absolute nightmare, hence why we are are usually at home.

I swapped our 3in1 pram for a smaller buggy when LO was 9 months (I think) to make it easier on the bus but I still get evil stares. My LO won't sit on my lap for more than a minute so I can't fold it up. Of course I would get off if a wheelchair needed the space.

I live in a village and i cant drive but oh does but his at work all day so i have to get bus if i need to get anywhere. I am just sick of it

Got on bus yesterday and a woman got on same place as me and what did she do sat in pram space. I come out with and didnt realize i said it out loud i said to my daughter *why do people do that sit in pram space when they see u have a pram* summer come out with *sill woman* lol
i got on and she moved without me asking her but i could hear her and her friend say something but coulndt make out. I had to bite my tongue cus i would of had a right go but just didnt want to in front of the kids.

Its just happening a lot lately

Do people ever just ask people politely to move? Loads of people are oblivious to what's going on around them, even prams getting on the same stop as them, so just might not realise you are there rather than it being pram hate or bad manners. It's better than being passive aggressive or silently seething for the rest of the journey. It's just so easy to say "excuse me, I know it's a pain to move, but would you mind sitting somewhere else so I can get the pram on please?" in a friendly polite tone (rather than a "get out the pram space you selfish moo" kind of tone). People can't deny that unless they want to look like a complete douche. If people won't move after that, that's when you seethe or get all passive aggressive. And when you get the people who sit bitching, don't let it get to you, just ignore. They want a reaction so why comply? What do they mean to you? Nothing. You can't change other people's behaviour but you can change how you respond to it and how it affects you.

I think as well these "dirty looks" everyone with prams seem to get are probably just normal nosy looks being read as dirty because you are already stressed about potential pram hate. I know I used to look at people getting on with prams pre-LO because I used to wonder how they managed getting it in that tiny space. I bet they thought I was giving mucky looks if they saw me.

I have to agree just ask them to move.

I've never really had nasty things said to me because I have a pram. I have asked a lot of people to move - usually teens as they're listening to music or generally just don't realise they have to move :haha: I always go out of my way to make sure I don't knock anyone by accident, always make sure the buggy is taking as little space as possible etc. I move it to make more room when someone else gets on with a pram so we can both fit in. I don't get the same courtesy back, but it's always from fellow pram users.

I'm always last off the bus though as everyone runs to the front of the bus before me :rofl:

Personally I couldn't ask someone to move :blush: x

I never ask them to move i always say excuse me can i get the pram in please. I do say u can still sit there as long as pram can get in but that still aint good enough as they have lucas's feet nearly kicking them lol. He gets excited on buses

Personally I couldn't ask someone to move :blush: x

'Do you mind if I put my pram there?' usually works x

Sorry when i said ask to move this is what i meant.

I got the bus last week and a old lady with trolley thing came on and asked me to fold my buggy up which there is no way i could do so i just said 'sorry i cant, you sit down and ill hold your trolley so it doesnt move'

She didnt look particularly happy about it couldnt be helped. I was polite so really she couldnt say anything.

Do people ever just ask people politely to move? Loads of people are oblivious to what's going on around them, even prams getting on the same stop as them, so just might not realise you are there rather than it being pram hate or bad manners. It's better than being passive aggressive or silently seething for the rest of the journey. It's just so easy to say "excuse me, I know it's a pain to move, but would you mind sitting somewhere else so I can get the pram on please?" in a friendly polite tone (rather than a "get out the pram space you selfish moo" kind of tone). People can't deny that unless they want to look like a complete douche. If people won't move after that, that's when you seethe or get all passive aggressive. And when you get the people who sit bitching, don't let it get to you, just ignore. They want a reaction so why comply? What do they mean to you? Nothing. You can't change other people's behaviour but you can change how you respond to it and how it affects you.

I think as well these "dirty looks" everyone with prams seem to get are probably just normal nosy looks being read as dirty because you are already stressed about potential pram hate. I know I used to look at people getting on with prams pre-LO because I used to wonder how they managed getting it in that tiny space. I bet they thought I was giving mucky looks if they saw me.

Totally agree. People only treat you how you let them. If you want someone to move it's much easier to politely address them rather then having a bitch to your child about a 'silly woman'

I never understand the huge problems people seem to have using buses, the majority of folk are more than happy to move or whatever when asked, they just don't always realise the logistic side of travelling with prams and kids as they are not doing it themselves. I mean I have seen hundreds of old people get on a bus with a walking stick, but I have to sit and really think about the practicalities of it, people probably just don't think about the hassle of prams

This absolutely.

The other day I was in a supermarket with absolutely loads in my trolley. A woman came up behind me and put a conveyor belt divide on before I'd finished loading my things and put her stuff on. I was really struggling to get everything on and it was piled up ridiculously high. I was seething with anger at her, but then she realised what she'd done and was so embarrassed and apologetic! I think a lot of people just don't realise.

People are like that over here too! Obviously it is annoying I guess to get your foot run over by strollers or not be able to walk past strollers to empty seats further back on the bus, but it's part of life lol, if I have that much of a problem with it (which I don't- I was the one pushing the stroller not so long ago!) then I could buy a car or take a taxi! It's PUBLIC transit!

I admit that I get really pissed off though when people don't let my 4 year old have their seat and she has to stand on the bus. I have a bad arm so it's difficult for me to hold on, hold onto her, and keep us both from falling over everytime the bus turns or stops suddenly. It's bad manners.. same as making a pregnant woman or an elderly person stand. Just cause there's no sign there telling you to let them have a seat! (The signs here show crutches, wheelchairs, and walkers)

People are like that over here too! Obviously it is annoying I guess to get your foot run over by strollers or not be able to walk past strollers to empty seats further back on the bus, but it's part of life lol, if I have that much of a problem with it (which I don't- I was the one pushing the stroller not so long ago!) then I could buy a car or take a taxi! It's PUBLIC transit!

I admit that I get really pissed off though when people don't let my 4 year old have their seat and she has to stand on the bus. I have a bad arm so it's difficult for me to hold on, hold onto her, and keep us both from falling over everytime the bus turns or stops suddenly. It's bad manners.. same as making a pregnant woman or an elderly person stand. Just cause there's no sign there telling you to let them have a seat! (The signs here show crutches, wheelchairs, and walkers)

I was always taught that children should stand if there are only a few seats. My mum would always make me stand on the tram when I was little if an adult needed a seat. I don't know if that's fair, but I don't think a four year old is necessarily more deserving of a seat than an adult, though if she does genuinely need it you should ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->