I am so sick of the way i get treated on bus

Omg it kicked off today.My mum and bro was waiting for bus and there was a pram she got on and went in space but then my mum got on she is in a wheel chair and no way she can get out as she cant walk at all. She wouldnt fold pram up so i man stuck up for my mum and pointed out to the lady that wheelchairs has first priority and in end driver had to tell the lady to fold her pram or wait for another bus. I find this very rude. And friday took kiddies out and a man got on in a wheelchair with his carer and i folded the pram up didnt even need to ask me and u no what he said to me *thank u love no one has ever done that for me without me asking or getting refused to come on* bless his heart

Omg it kicked off today.My mum and bro was waiting for bus and there was a pram she got on and went in space but then my mum got on she is in a wheel chair and no way she can get out as she cant walk at all. She wouldnt fold pram up so i man stuck up for my mum and pointed out to the lady that wheelchairs has first priority and in end driver had to tell the lady to fold her pram or wait for another bus. I find this very rude. And friday took kiddies out and a man got on in a wheelchair with his carer and i folded the pram up didnt even need to ask me and u no what he said to me *thank u love no one has ever done that for me without me asking or getting refused to come on* bless his heart

Can't believe the woman refused to fold the pram at first. Where the hell is the wheelchair meant to go? I always move the pram. The majority of the time wheelchair uses tell me to just slide the buggy in next to them so we can both fit in but I will always let a wheelchair go first.

Can't believe she wouldn't fold her pram. How selfish :nope:

Baby was around 6 months but was in one of them small prams which are dead easy to fold. My bro said he would of understood if it was a big pram.

I just think buses should really have 2 spaces

Here I'm sure they have two spaces, one of which has the bit for a wheelchair to go against. Shame they aren't all like that x

Most here there is only 1 space but u get a few buses that have 2

I am a little worried bout this for the future. DD will be delayed walking, but as she is so little she wont actually need a wheelchair for a while as the transport service have modified her own buggy. They have done it in a way that doesn't make it obvious. I worry about being on the bus in future and not being able to fold the buggy as its acting like a wheelchair but other people dont know that.

Just now I would absolutely fold or get off for a wheelchair but when DD needs a wheelchair and is still in a pram due to size how do I deal with that without people just assuming I'm being awkward. Im not saying this lady was in that potion and she should definitly had to fold without being asked but what if she had been me with an ode child who loks young and says she cant get out she uses her pram like a wheelchair? would you just assume I was lying? This is a genuine concern for me im not trying to cause offfence to anyone

I am a little worried bout this for the future. DD will be delayed walking, but as she is so little she wont actually need a wheelchair for a while as the transport service have modified her own buggy. They have done it in a way that doesn't make it obvious. I worry about being on the bus in future and not being able to fold the buggy as its acting like a wheelchair but other people dont know that.

Just now I would absolutely fold or get off for a wheelchair but when DD needs a wheelchair and is still in a pram due to size how do I deal with that without people just assuming I'm being awkward. Im not saying this lady was in that potion and she should definitly had to fold without being asked but what if she had been me with an ode child who loks young and says she cant get out she uses her pram like a wheelchair? would you just assume I was lying? This is a genuine concern for me im not trying to cause offfence to anyone

Would they be able to give you some sticker or card or something to show the bus driver?

As I can see why it would worry you as technically your buggy is a wheelchair. Will she get a disability card etc(do those exist?) Might be worth actually writing to your local bus companies and getting advice on what to do, and a contact name - so that if you have issues with a driver (it might also be a regular driver on route who will be informed of the situation)you can say "please radio and speak to X they will advise you".

As for the thing with small children standing........what do they hold on to? Iused to have Emma stand when there were no seats, but I can count on 2 hand and a foot the number of times she has gone flying when they brake sharply - they always did - or, she will get shoved out the way by someone trying to get off, and my biggest fear was her doing what I did once as a kid......The bus stopped, I lost my mums hand as she was holding my sister on her lap and got caught up in the folk getting off and well............the bus drove off without me, I was about 4.

I might ask the transportpeople who modified the pram. They must have met other people in the same boat before me I guess.

You should be able to get a bus pass for her from your council when the time comes. That will put a stop to anyone assuming you're lying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->