I am so upset.

Leopard

2yrOld;3rdTriBoy
Reaction score
I guess I won't be joining you ladies in homebirth after all. I tried so hard to find a midwife that does home births, but one is over seas and the other has stopped doing them! The one that has stopped doing them referred me to two other midwives; but it's going to be a bit hard to have a home birth if I have to travel 6hrs just to talk to one of them.

I'm still going to go as natural as possible but it seems home birth has sadly been put out. I'm actually crying right now and it might be silly but I didn't realize how much I actually wanted it.

So goodluck to all you homebirthing mummies.

awww, i'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs:

That is such a shame!:hugs:

Even if you deliver in hospital many Mums do most of their labour at home before hand with access to own bed, bath etc. Hope all goes smoothly and you can do that too!

Even if you deliver in hospital many Mums do most of their labour at home before hand with access to own bed, bath etc. Hope all goes smoothly and you can do that too!

Only problem is that the hospital I am going to is 45mins away, so there is only so long I could stay at home haha.

Only problem is that the hospital I am going to is 45mins away, so there is only so long I could stay at home haha.

My hospital kept sending me home because every time I turned up my contractions would slow down again!! In the end the third trip revealed me to be 9cm!

I am sorry!!! I know how disappointing that is!!! Hugs!!

:hugs: having a natural hospital birth will be just as beautiful as you are bringing your baby into the world :hugs: try not to be too disappointed x

Aw so sorry to hear that, maybe try and stay home as long as possible before u transfer and negotiatie domino care and go home v soon after birth?

:hugs: it is really hard to come to that decision... but you could try making the hospital as natural as possible... your own music, your own pillows, your own smelly stuff! My first was slightly different as I was induced, but I tried keeping as natural as possible... I took my own pillows in so I could get in different positions - standing and lying over the bed etc... the hospital provided balls, so I could use them. I think I managed to do most things that I would have done at home... and was really nice!

Like Blob says that most important thing is that you are bringing you most beautiful baby into the world. xx

Thankyou ladies, you are making me feel a bit better about the hospital birth. :)

Bummer :( But I agree you can make a hospital birth as homely as possible. Also you know how long it takes to get to the hospital so stay at home as long as possible. If I was going to hospital I wouldn't be going in until I was at at least contractions being 3 minutes apart.
Maybe make a decision on how long to wait at home prior to making the trip to hospital and this can give you time to be at home as long as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->