I am terrified!

Al Syr

Reaction score
Of having a newborn all over again!:dohh:

I had a newborn just 21 months ago but I feel like I forgot what to do or expect already! . . . and now not only will I just have a newborn, I will also have a 21 month old! I'm scared!

I just wish I knew what it is like to have a newborn and a child under 2 so I can know what to expect! But absolutely no one in my family has ever had 2 babies so close in age so no one can offer advice or experience.

I am NERVOUS!

I am excited and so happy . . . But nervous!

I don't have a child under 2 (my DD has just turned 5). I think it's normal to be nervous. Lots of women have bubbas close together so I'm sure you will be just fine! :hugs: what to do will come flooding back to you. I have nerves too. If that is your little man pictured, then looking at his gorgeous little smile when he interacts with his baby sister will make it even more special. Live the dream Hun. Xxx

I am in the same boat. I get induced on Monday so my babies will be exactly 18 mths apart. I keep worring about how am I going to be able to even hold my new baby when DD wants to climb all over me the whole time. Or how am I even going to function with no sleep between a newborn up every 2-3 hours and DD teething. I tell my fears to my mother and all I get in response is "well you were the one that got pregnant so close together".....so no help there :) DH just says I will figure it out somehow, but that really isnt any help either. I just keep hoping that somehow things will work out and I dont loose it completely in the first week!

I'm feeling the same way. My kids will be 16 months apart, and I already forgot what it was like to have a newborn and what my baby was like at each age. I flipped through all of my LO's baby photos to date, yesterday, so I could try to remember what it was like. I did well with it, but now I'm even more scared cos he was a mess. lol

And I don't have anyone who knows, either. My sister and I were 10 years apart, and my nephews are 11 years apart, and although my partner and SIL are 14 months apart - my MIL passed away and my FIL wasn't much of a parent! So, I'm surrounded by folks who have NO idea what we're about to experience.

I'M SO NERVOUS, TOO!!! But yeah, can't wait to give my LO a sibling!

I can completely understand! I will have an almost 2 year old & a newborn! My dd birthday is May 20th & I am due May 10th! I know quite a few people who had children close together and they said that while they thought it would be difficult and it is at some points, it is wonderful especially as they are older! I am sure it will be trying at times, but my dd is such a big baby person already, I know she will be a wonderful helper! I just have to remember to involve her in things with the baby and not be overprotective to the point where she feels left out or jealous! We will all find our new normal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->