I ate a huge tuna sandwich... Freaking out

Ooh I thought all sashimi was a big no no? Does it have to be fish that was previously frozen?
My favourite take away is a sashimi bento from our local Japanese. I think their fish has never been frozen so assumed I'd have to go with salmon teriyaki instead.

I eat raw yellow tail Tina sashimi and tuna sandwitches. It's fine. Both my girls I did the same and they are fine.

Ooh I thought all sashimi was a big no no? Does it have to be fish that was previously frozen?
My favourite take away is a sashimi bento from our local Japanese. I think their fish has never been frozen so assumed I'd have to go with salmon teriyaki instead.

The FDA where I am just lifted the ban on sushi. All fish is flash frozen so no bacteria can survive really. I also ate it in my other 2 pregnancies. I think it's super healthy for baby! Love it :)

That might depend on where you live, the local sushi joint here only uses fresh salmon, it's never been frozen. I ate a lot of raw salmon with my pregnancy with Thomas from them.

My midwives always said that it was the rice that was more of a worry than the fish, as rice sitting around at room temperature can be dangerous.

Where do you live that they don't flash freeze? And how does the fish get transported. Do they kill it right there?

As for fish and mercury, you might almost call it an old wives tale based on flawed studies:
https://chriskresser.com/5-reasons-why-concerns-about-mercury-in-fish-are-misguided/

I live in New Zealand, it's tiny. I am not sure about the procedure of getting the fish to the sushi store exactly, but I have asked the company before and they insist it's always fresh and never been frozen.

I usually make my own sushi though as it's too expensive there, I use salmon from the supermarket that says "fresh" though I guess that may just mean "not old". I can't say that I've ever bought fish that didn't say it was fresh though, unless it was frozen crumbed fillets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->