I bought two ClearBlue Advanced Digital..both say different things- VERY FRUSTRATED!!

Mommyloves

Mother of two
Reaction score
I am on CD10 and I have been testing twice a day since CD4...Here are my results from the first test I did:
CD 4-6 Open Circle
CD 7-9 Blinking Smiley
(and this is where it gets weird...) I ran out of test strips, so I ran out and bought ANOTHER 20 pack with the tester. I tested this morning at 8:30am with the new test holder and I got an open circle. I was concerned so I decided to do my own experiment and test with the other tester when I got home (but using the new test strips) and I got a blinking smiley face again. I immediately tested with the NEW tester and it gave me the Open Circle. WTH!?!?!

so CD 10- Blinking smiley with OLD tester and open circle with NEW tester.

What should I do? Do I mark this as positive Opk or neg? and why would one say rise in estrogen but the other nothing? I want to call their customer service number but they are closed right now, so this will have to wait until tomorrow, but I would love some advice from the ladies who have used these OPKs.

now I have absolutely no idea when I will ovulate (if at all?) :dohh:

hi there,
I would treat it as a + or that you are going into high fertility. The reason I would is because I believe that those testers are supposed to measure your personal levels and there in are more sensitive.
I would continue using the 1st tester because you started with that one and it began measuring your lowest levels.
Good luck and I hope this helps.

Those testers remember your previous level of hormone I believe. So the new tester is using that first test as a baseline and the other test is comparing that level to your previous levels. If that makes sense.

Thank you Ladies! I was reading that the advanced one "tracks" your levels, but it just threw me off guard when the new test was negative...and the other detecting estrogen. It makes me wonder if I had not started testing so early if I would have gotten the same results? I usually start opk's on CD20, but this month I decided to start earlier on CD 4 to see if I was missing any surges. aaah this makes me feel so crazy!!!! If you need me, I will be in my padded cell.... :muaha:

I had 4 days of the flashing smiley. Then I ran out so I bought a new test. This morning I took it and it gave me the O symbol. So is it possible the new test is wrong? I already threw out my old tester. So frustrating. Please give me some feedback.

I had 4 days of the flashing smiley. Then I ran out so I bought a new test. This morning I took it and it gave me the O symbol. So is it possible the new test is wrong? I already threw out my old tester. So frustrating. Please give me some feedback.

Hey Tee1234, I am sorry you are having the same problem. If you have the CB ADVANCED digital (that does the flashing and solid smiley) then you should have kept the old one since it was tracking your estrogen and then LH surge (Estrogen with blinking smiley and LH with solid smiley) I finally got my solid smiley after like 15 days of flashing smileys.. it was super frustrating..

I am sorry you threw the old one out (those darn things are so expensive!), but I am sure if you are testing with the new one, it should show you and solid smiley any day now, just keep testing. Did you buy another CB advanced or CB regular digital? I started using the CB regular digital because the flashing smileys were driving me nuts.

Good luck! :)

Thanks for the response, made me feel better. I couldn't figure out why I would have flashing smiley's and then no solid smiley. I just quit testing, I figured I would just keep doing the every other day thing, it's bound to happen within the next couple days then. Now I know for next month that I can't change the test out if I run out of strips. Any idea if you can just buy replacement strips? That would be a lot more affordable you would think.

I wish there was a way to buy just the strips.. I looked everywhere for them, but the only thing I found was extra strips for the CMFM, which is more expensive for the actual unit.. so I just bought another and just use the strips. Now I bought the cheapies from amazon (wondfo I think?) and when those show positive, then I test with my CB digital... it worked well this cycle, so I would recommend that :)

Funny because today I was reading that the OPK kits don't really help you conceive because they are saying that the BEST time to DTD is the day BEFORE you ovulate (because the sperm are not mature when they first come out and need a day or so to "mature", so by the time you ovulate the next day, the sperm are mature and ready.. I had no idea..). So I think you are right on target by DTD every other day :)

Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->