• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I caved .. wish me luck.

WantingABubba

Reaction score
So .. I caved.

I've got my (private) scan in 5 days but I am so anxious and scared of a MMC. I was going to buy a doppler following a healthy scan, but I can't bear the wait.

So, against my better intentions, I've just ordered my Angelsounds doppler, which should arrive tomorrow :blush:

I'll be 10w1d tomorrow, and I know it's not a guarantee that I'll find the heartbeat that early. I will probably freak out if I don't, even though I say now I won't.

But if I hear that little heartbeat, even for a second, I will be so relieved, and my mind can rest a little (it seems most MMC happen with the baby stopping development at 8 or 9 weeks. Seeing as I'm past that now, if I hear a heartbeat, I will be mostly reassured that baby is okay).

Wish me oodles of luck, please, and if you found the heartbeat at 10 weeks with a doppler, let me know!

With my first they couldn't find the HB with a hospital doppler until 16 weeks so it is definitely possible that you might not find it. At my mw app't later this week (10w5d) I am declining the doppler because I want to wait until after my scan at 12w. I know the chances are small of finding it so I don't want to stress myself out and worry for 1.5 weeks until the scan. Just wanted to emphasize that lots of mamas find it at 10w, but lots don't. I have seen SO MANY women go to hospital an emotional wreck because they can't find the HB very early (or because they find it one day and don't the next - also very common when early). Just know that you are trying early and if you find it today you might not tomorrow!

But hopefully you do find it! Tips: Look WAY WAY lower than you would think - right around the pubic bone. Then go slowly. It will sound super fast - something like a galloping horse when you find it. And if you do find it, remember where it is and check there first the next time. Hugs! :hugs:

Thank you Sun! I'll let you guys know how I get on tomorrow, and I promise not to go to the EPU :D xx

Yay! I hope you find it! :thumbup:
I know I'm such a downer with the dopplers, but I've see them cause so much stress early on over the years that I always have to say something. That said, you might have no problems! Also hope your scan goes excellent! :D

I'd be interested to see how this goes because I'm debating buying one in a few weeks!

I have the angel sounds and I think it says you can hear from either 12 or 14 weeks. I didn't hear anything til 14 weeks with my little one, but I'm 9 weeks 5 days today (though measuring about 4 days ahead) and I tried this morning with an empty stomach and a full to bursting bladder and there it was a teeny weeny wee heartbeat. Utterly amazing. My hubby didn't believe me, thought I was hearing my own heartbeat, until I let him hear too then he was jumping for joy. I'd recommend doing it first thing in the morning when you're really bursting and haven't ate anything for a while, I haven't heard the heartbeat at any other time of day so far x

I have the angelsounds one and I found the heartbeat a few days ago for the first time, but it was VERY hard and it was only for a minute or two. Then I couldn't find it again until yesterday, so it is very hit and miss. Last pregnancy I was much further along the first time I heard it and I was honestly surprised to find it this time because I am a bigger gal. i wasn't really expecting to find it and told myself I wouldn't worry if I didn't.I got lucky I think it was just in the right place.

I don't use the headphones, I plug into speakers and have it turned all the way up and everything else in the room off. I can only try when lo is asleep, lol. Also use lots of gel, and look really low (near pubic bone) and for me it was on one side, not in the center so look everywhere. There are lots of places down there where your heartbeat can be heard so make sure it's the right one. Good luck! :)

I have a sonoline B doppler 3.0 I found the babies HB's at 8w4d only for a moment that time.. You will know if its the babies HB as it will sound like a fast gallop!

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I had no luck finding baby's heartbeat :cry: I think I could hear the placenta on my right side, and I certainly heard my heartbeat but after an hour of searching, emptying my bladder, sleeping and trying again, still no baby.

Of course I am bitterly disappointed, and a little worried (but I was worried before that anyway) but I was under no illusions about it definitely working. I already knew it was likely it wouldn't.

I'm gonna try it every day, though, and hope I can at least hear it for a second before my scan on Sunday :)

x

They were surprised they could find the heartbeat at 10ish weeks with my son (at the doctors) before she put it on my stomach she said dont be worried if i cant find it but then did pretty easily. So its possible. Good luck

My doctor wouldnt even attempt to find the HB at 10 weeks when I was there last week. I was upset.. But I know why they will throw women into a panic if it doesnt come up.

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I had no luck finding baby's heartbeat :cry: I think I could hear the placenta on my right side, and I certainly heard my heartbeat but after an hour of searching, emptying my bladder, sleeping and trying again, still no baby.

Of course I am bitterly disappointed, and a little worried (but I was worried before that anyway) but I was under no illusions about it definitely working. I already knew it was likely it wouldn't.

I'm gonna try it every day, though, and hope I can at least hear it for a second before my scan on Sunday :)

x

You need a full bladder and use it really really low down, just above your pubic bone. Go slowly from side to side. I found my last one at 9 weeks, it took about 20 minutes. Good luck. xx

Try as soon as you wake up so your bladder is very full, and look just around the pubic bone and go very slowly. Sorry you haven't found it yet, but I'm sure all is well! :hugs: Luckily you have a scan in just a few days so you will get to see bubs then. xo

Full bladder, empty bladder, first thing when I wake up, later on in the day, after drinking something cold, full stomach, empty stomach, after getting up and walking around, before a bath, after a bath, upside down, on my side, legs up, lots of gel, lots of oil, down really low, digging in hard, softly running it across, both sides, near my belly button, right under my pubic bone - nothing works.

I can definitely hear the placenta whooshing away, but no baby. I'm going to the EPU in St George's early tomorrow as I hear they do early reassurance scans. I know I have my scan on Sunday but my Mum is coming and I couldn't handle it if I got bad news and she was with me. I just wanna know bubs is alive because it's the 8/9 week mark that I was so terrified of. If all is well at the scan, I can look forward to Sunday instead of dreading it. Wish me luck! xx

P.S - the doppler isn't making me go to the EPU. I was already worried before this, and I know it's common not to find it this early.

Do you have symptoms to indicate something is wrong and you need an emergency scan? Also I'm not sure I get it - are you going to try and get an emergency scan the day before your actual scan and then just have 2 scans in a row? Or are you getting the emergency scan tomorrow then cancelling your regular scan the next day?

Do you have symptoms to indicate something is wrong and you need an emergency scan? Also I'm not sure I get it - are you going to try and get an emergency scan the day before your actual scan and then just have 2 scans in a row? Or are you getting the emergency scan tomorrow then cancelling your regular scan the next day?

It's not an emergency scan, it's a reassurance scan (which they offer to women who are worried). I don't have symptoms but I am not worried about mc, I am worried about mmc (which is symptomless).

I'm still having my private scan on Sunday, but I would rather go there knowing that baby is alive then turn up on Sunday with my Mum for my expensive scan and find out baby is not alive. Not only that, but they charge extra money if a problem is found (about £25 more).

Xx

They charge if something is found wrong that's disgusting to have to go though been told ur mcc etc and been upset and they go that's 25 pound for us to tell you the bad news disgusting unless I've got it total wrong :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->