• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I caved .. wish me luck.

Hello guys,

Went to the EPU at St George's hospital in Tooting Broadway today.

They were absolutely LOVELY down there, and the wait wasn't too bad! What I loved most is they had the option of anxiety as a reason for coming on the form, and there were no interrogations. The first EPU I went to when I was very newly pregnant wasn't very nice. The sonographer was very cold with me and seemed annoyed about me coming :/

Anyway, so it was transvaginal, and (bless her) the sonographer immediately said 'baby's alright in there!'. Cue me bursting into tears. I sobbed so hard! They were lovely about it, though, and gave me tissues and comforted me. I just can't explain how anxious I was. I was so CONVINCED I had a dead baby inside me, and I've had such awful, horrible thoughts. Them scanning me done more for me than they can imagine!

So, after she done her measurements and everything, she showed me baby. Baby was still at first, then 'woke up' and started jumping around and waving. We were all laughing at the screen and saying 'hello baby!'. Baby is measuring exactly on dates :)

Such a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE relief and now I can look forward to my private scan on Sunday.

Here's a pic! It's not a great one but there'll be better ones on Sunday, so I don't mind :)

https://1.2.3.11/bmi/s2.postimg.org/hyavawuw9/10_3.jpg

Wonderful news! So glad baby is looking good. :hugs:

They charge if something is found wrong that's disgusting to have to go though been told ur mcc etc and been upset and they go that's 25 pound for us to tell you the bad news disgusting unless I've got it total wrong :)

I'm pretty sure that's what the website said, but I can't bloody find anything along those lines now lol! It said that if there is a gynecological problem, then you're charged £25 more :confused:. I dunno, I hope I'm wrong cos that would be awful!

Hopefully I will get good news at my scan in 11 days! This has been a rough 1st tri.
Also I think we have the same due date - I'm April 7!

Hopefully I will get good news at my scan in 11 days! This has been a rough 1st tri.
Also I think we have the same due date - I'm April 7!

I hope so too :hugs:

I'm April 8th, so close enough! Bump buddies? :flower:

Wish we had EPU in Australia!
I've had two miscarriages already this year and I'm so worried and just want to know things are going well.
It would be nice to be able to go get some reassurance. I'm not even sure if ill get a scan before 12 weeks and I think ill be a nut case if I have to wait that long lol
Glad your baby is doing well :)

Wish we had EPU in Australia!
I've had two miscarriages already this year and I'm so worried and just want to know things are going well.
It would be nice to be able to go get some reassurance. I'm not even sure if ill get a scan before 12 weeks and I think ill be a nut case if I have to wait that long lol
Glad your baby is doing well :)

You guys don't have them? :( that sucks!

I'm sorry for your losses, hon. I can't imagine your fears. I am a wreck myself, so it must be extra hard for you. Would you consider paying for a private scan for reassurance?

Hope your bean is sticky and happy :hugs:

And thank you! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"