I co-sleep and breastfeed in the night - and am supposed to be spending a night away

becstar

Sleep is for the weak
Reaction score
It's my friend's wedding in August and it's a couple of hours away. She offered to invite husband and La but she's never met him and there are no other babies going so I said no, it's okay... Husband is a SAHD while I work full time and I know he is great with her in the day, but night is another story.

He just doesn't seem to hear her (unless it's because he knows I will?) so I worry he'll ignore her if she cries. Also, I co-sleep with her cot with the side off next to the bed... I don't think I can do that with her and him on their own because he doesn't have that mummy instinct not to roll onto her. That's fine, she'll likely have the cot side up by then because she'll be crawling. BUT if he feeds her in the night and falls asleep (which I worry about because he is CRAP sat night time, grumpy and horrible) I'm terrified he'll fall asleep on her. I also worry she'll not sleep because she's so used to boobies and mummy all night.

She'll be just over one by then but I've never left her overnight or even in the evening before I've only left her for work, doctors appointments and one haircut) and I'm cacking it. I really do want to go to the wedding though, despite husband's little digs about 'mummy abandoning us' :growlmad: - from someone who's had umpteen nights out since La was born.

That would be hard. :hugs: I think that your baby and hubby would be ok. Even if they both don't sleep they will be fine as you said it's just one night. I would tell him to lay off the crack's about it though...it's only going to increase your anxiety! :hugs:

I know, he's being a pain in the arse. Thank you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->