I did not mean it that way!!!

Aidan's Mummy

Mummy to Aidan and Oliver
Reaction score
So my big sister found out she passed her first year at uni yesterday, I was so so proud of her so I put this status Think we have found the brains of the family. My big sister has passed her first year at uni!! Well done babe, now you know why I have always looked up to you :D x Anyway she liked it and when I rang her she said it was lovely and I congratulated her again. I thought it was a nice gesture and that it wasn't offensive at all

Well how wrong was I? My dad pops onto facebook and this conversations follows.

Dad
Yes, you're right. All I've got is a mere BSc and Diploma in Computing.

Dad
it was just a nice status for jude

Dad
and put down for me

Me
thats not how it was intended at all, it had nothing to do with you and what you had didn't even enter my mind.

Dad
precisely

Me
Ok dad if thats how you want to take it thats fine. If I offended you I'm sorry but that was not my intention at all. I'm just trying to show support for my sister who had just passed a first year at uni despite all the obstacles that have been placed in her way.

Dad
it's ok, jude is the brains of the family, not me
not even on an equal footing

He has a degree and saw it as me putting im down, he didn't even enter my mind :wacko: Am I in the wrong? I just wanted to put something nice for my sister x

Are you sure he's being serious?

Cx

Yep deadly because he rang me to say how 'disappointed' he was that I wouldn't think of him x

:hugs: I don't know why anyone would take your comment wrong. I think it's a lovely gesture on your part and well deserving of your sister especially as you say she's had plenty of obstacles in her path. Congrats to your sister, passing uni is a big deal and one that you have a right to be proud of.

You've done a lovely thing...don't feel bad :hugs: Bit of a strange reaction from your Dad!

Not very nice of your Dad, you were doing something nice. Sorry but it kind of makes him sound like a jealous child!:nope: Congrats to your sister! x

Thanks guys and your right. My dad always acts like a child :nope: x

Exactly the same as my dad - everything is about him. Just ignore it and don't let it take up anymore of your time. If he mentions it again, tell him it's time he grew up and acted like he was old enough to have that BSc!

I don't think you're wrong, I think it was a nice thing to say about your sister. WEll done to her! xx

Wow that's very immature of him!! My sister just got her diploma in hairdressing and salon management, I put a similar status. I'm on my way to achieving a BSc in computing: forensics and security- same as your father. Doesn't mean I was putting myself down I was merely showing support. I'd ignore him x

Offer your dad a fish to go with the chip on his shoulder. He really needs to grow up.

The devil in me wants to point out the computing degree at our uni had the highest "drop in" rate of any course......

But Ceejay, that wasn't a forensics and security degree, wow, that's a tough topic!

Well done to your sister. If my dad had said that I would have assumed he was joking. He must know you must be proud of him too. xxx

Omg SERIOUS?! paha he sounds so mature :shock: I would tell him to get a grip tbh.

Wow how immature, I could never imagine my Dad coming out with something like that!
I thought it was lovely what you put and well done to your sister :)

oh my god, what a ridiculous way for a supposedly intelligent (having a degree an all...) grown man to behave

tell him to grow up and stop acting like a spoilt teenager.

well dont to your sis

How clever of him to show himself up like that on FB! :wacko: Sorry but you're Dad sounds really immature :/ Well done to your sister! At least you can be happy for her :flow:

I think it was a nice thing for your sister, congratulations to her x

Well done to your sister, your dad sounds a bit jealous. Anyway I always thought parents were the one to praise their children for their academic success, not the other way round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->