I do NOT want the HPV vaccine!!!!

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
For the Green Card application we're currently trying to sort, there's a long list of vaccinations I am required to have.

One of them is HPV.

I do NOT want this. Before I knew it was on the list I knew I DIDN'T want it.

I always worried that it could effect fertility and lo and behold I've just pulled up a load of articles on how it has been linked to infertility and DEATH.

It apparently is saving 1-2 lives per year, but 18 girls (some as young as 12) have already died in cases linked to the vaccine. Various people have even commented on whether it's actually being used for population control - we vaccinate millions of girls, then in 10-12 years when they start TTC, find out they're infertile - it's too late.

I just don't see the point. I'm not high-risk and why (when there's such a small risk of me actually getting it) introduce the virus into my body?

The risks of HPV itself seem to be less than it's vaccine!! :hissy:

I'm so pissed off. As my mum says "How can they make a vaccine for cancer mandatory!" (And she works for the NHS handling the distribution of the vaccine to surgeries etc)!

It's an STD; HPV, I'm married and neither my partner nor I have got any STDs! I mean, jeez. I'm going to refuse to have it, but I'm just worried that the immigration service are going to force me to have it! It's just not fair.... NO vaccines should be mandatory. :cry:

Hmm they aren't actually mandatory for Canadian citizens or US citizens as far as I know... maybe they only want you to have it because you're trying to come into the country??

Hmm they aren't actually mandatory for Canadian citizens or US citizens as far as I know... maybe they only want you to have it because you're trying to come into the country??

See, that's what MIL said... But there are more than a couple of websites that list HPV as a required vaccine...

She's just found a couple of them which DON'T have HPV on the list...so goodness knows.

I am going to try my hardest not to have it. I'm pretty much fine with the others, it's just this ONE that really bugs me. Mind, when I start researching the others I'll probably not want them either :dohh:

Grr. I'm seriously considering which vaccines we really need for our kids now too. =/

That's interesting. I am very surprised that it's a requirement. It's certainly not mandatory for citizens in the US. Suggested, yes, but not mandatory.
I think the comments about the HPV being used to sterilize people are crackpot, quite frankly. That sounds like a lot of conspiracy theory nonsense.
Remember to be very careful of what you read on the internet.
How do they have all these statistics already when the vaccine has been out for what, two years tops?
Maybe you should make an appointment with a clinic and ask to speak to someone who can address your concerns. You might be getting really worried over nothing.

Honestly... it's really hard not to get biased information on vaccines.. best bet is to find a relative in the pharmaceutical or medical field or a friend who cares for you and is educated (not through their own internet research) who can give you a well-informed opinion.

No they can't gorce you to have a vaccine!!! U can refuse as long as you have good grounds and its an educated decision... No one is allow to force you in to any medical decision!!

No they can't gorce you to have a vaccine!!! U can refuse as long as you have good grounds and its an educated decision... No one is allow to force you in to any medical decision!!

They could though. They basically have complete control over me - I do what they say or I get deported. =/

If they try to though I will fight my corner as hard as I can.

ABSOLUTE AND UTTER BULLSHIT:

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26999081/ns/health-womens_health/

And the form I have to submit in order to refuse ALL inoculations on moral or religious grounds has gone up from like $195 to $545!!!!!!!!

This is such bullshit!! Discrimination from the country with freedom of EVERYTHING. Piece of shit.

Move to Canada with OH :) :)

We're much better up here!!

^ so true! :D Yeah..I can't say I blame you for not wanting this vaccine... I am not sure about the risks that some say come with this, but it seems unnecessary to 'push' on immigrants, or anyone else for that matter! Hope you figure something out soon :hugs:

Yeah it's not really fair, that's treating immigrants as second-class citizens IMO.. forcing vaccinations that aren't mandatory for their own.. I guess you could even say it's racism if you want to get technical about it..

Lol!

Well, see, that's what I thought. It's discrimination. If it's not required for citizens of the country you're trying to become a resident/citizen of, you should be treated the same!!!

Bring Alex to Canada, and both of you migraite to Canada haha, probably less of a hassle here!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->