I don’t have it in me to gender sway, will I ever have a girl?

Pearls18

Reaction score
I know, I know gender swaying probably isn’t very reliable if at all I am intelligent enough to know that but desperate enough to cling to hope that I do have some control over this. I have spent some time researching and as soon as I get into it I get so bogged down. The diet side of it especially, I love my food, I’m not overweight I’m a healthy, normal size but I like my eggs, bananas, I don’t do moderation all that well and I have never counted calories to save my life, I haven’t even weighed myself since having my son in 2010. My husband only ‘finishes’ in certain positions god bless him, I’ve bought a thermometer to track my temperatures in the hope of DTD before ovulation this last one I think I can manage. I just feel like we are destined to have boys. But there’s got to be women out there who have had girls who love to eat a crappy diet like me, who DTD whatever time of the month and in ‘deep’ positions right?! Maybe I don’t want this enough if I’m not willing to try hard enough? Maybe that means I don’t deserve it? Or maybe I don’t deserve it if I want this much control and should just leave it in the hands of the gods? Argh I wish I could just let it go and see what happens, I just feel like I will forever think ‘what if’ if I don’t take some action. It just feels like an impossibility right now :(

:hugs:

My first pregnancy I was convinced I was having a boy, my family and my husbands were CONSTANTLY saying oooh its definately a boy because of family history of boys bla bla and I went along with it when secretly I was desperate for a girl!!
Lo and behold, she was a girl! I didn't do any of the things they suggest to conceive a girl. From memory, we were DTD nearly everyday around ovulation, sometimes twice a day. I definately don't have a good diet!
I personally believe that the sex of your children is down to a sort of "whats meant to be" concept, but I'm 100% sure that you saying "maybe I don't deserve it?" is so not true! You deserve to be happy!

I'm sorry I can't offer you any reassurance but I have been there so I do know how you are feeling!

Good luck, I pray that you get the little girl you long for xxx

:hugs:

My first pregnancy I was convinced I was having a boy, my family and my husbands were CONSTANTLY saying oooh its definately a boy because of family history of boys bla bla and I went along with it when secretly I was desperate for a girl!!
Lo and behold, she was a girl! I didn't do any of the things they suggest to conceive a girl. From memory, we were DTD nearly everyday around ovulation, sometimes twice a day. I definately don't have a good diet!
I personally believe that the sex of your children is down to a sort of "whats meant to be" concept, but I'm 100% sure that you saying "maybe I don't deserve it?" is so not true! You deserve to be happy!

I'm sorry I can't offer you any reassurance but I have been there so I do know how you are feeling!

Good luck, I pray that you get the little girl you long for xxx

Thank you hun, it is reassuring to know it is possible, I'm glad you got your girl :) xxx

Hugs hun. I looked into gender swaying but got my bfp before I got the chance to put any of it into practice. I've just got to hope that after my long wait to get pregnant I will get the baby I've wished for. A healthy little girl.
Like you in not sure I could do the food side. I was going to try to cut caffeine but I'm very slim with the appetite of a horse and I couldn't cut back on some things. I was going to try some of the other things but tbh although we were charting we didn't even time dtd to get a girl as I ovulated earlier than expected.

Hey, I agree, a lot of the methods put me off, like I want a girl so badly but at the same time I want to get pregnant quickly (who doesn't ) and the girl methods seem to make it harder to conceive and might take longer..... I think I am just going to go ahead with the diet idea but forget about timing sex tbh. Tbh though I generally follow the "girl" diet anyways without meaning too and I am a lifelong vegetarian and apparently vegetarians ave more girls ..... I have one boy, I am very much in the "it is likely all a load of tosh camp" but what's the harm in playing along lol =) x

The best thing to do is to actually follow the ovulation theory and forget about the diet thing. I didn't diet I didn't do anything different except have sex 3 days before Ovulation ( Accidentally was NOT planned) and after 3 boys I had a girl. I Lost her at 22 weeks sadly . My SIL did plan it she has 3 boys and she had her girl in November. She used OPK's and had sex 3 to 4 days before ovulation, it does take a bit longer to conceive , cause you are doing it far away from Ovulation. After 3 boys and if I didn't have my loss yes I would do this if I wanted a girl. My SIL didn't do anything else different. Do I believe it is full proof, no, but I do think it does boost your chances.
Good Luck, Everyone ! :hugs:

No gender swaying for my little girl here either, I was overweight, eating crappy DTD whenever we felt like it and 'just going with it' she was destined to be my only girl though, and I'm back to having ANOTHER boy!

Lol thank you everybody, maybe there's hope for me yet. We'll just have to see.

No gender swaying for my little girl here either, I was overweight, eating crappy DTD whenever we felt like it and 'just going with it' she was destined to be my only girl though, and I'm back to having ANOTHER boy!

All the above for me too! My oldest is a boy, and quite frankly I wanted ALL boys and my last 2 were girls. Go figure. I have never tryed any gender swaying, so I am not sure about it, but I just want to say that my boy was and is an absolute joy. My 2 girls are handfuls now, and when they become teenagers......God help me!:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->