I dont even know anymore, confusing results

ica235

Reaction score
About a week to 10 days ago, i got my bfp, and about 33 bfps after that (just to make sure yknow) I was on the pill and kept messing it up last few months so my bleeds had been all over the place. Cant remember my last one. I guess im about 6ish weeks.

Saturday night I started bleeding bright red blood, it got pretty heavy and ended up going to hospital sunday to get checked over incase it was ectopic as I had extreme lightheadness etc.

They did a urine test, negative. (Wtf)
They did a blood test, results appeared "normal" and "I must have done a dodgy shop bought test. You can go home." (Wt actual f)

I didnt ask any questions, I was too upset and embarrassed. I started to wonder if I ever was pregnant.

This morning I was curious and im a poas addict so I bought a clear blue test. A big fat stinking positive, blatently obvious, clear to all.

My plan is to call hospital in the morning and find out what my hcg count was, call the doctor and get an appointment. If i dont get anywhere with that, ill do another clear blue test in a few days to see if theres any progression.

My real questions here is
1. Did any of you have anything like this?
And
2. Do you have any idea what could be going on?

I still feel pregnant, still have all my symptoms, this is my 5th pregnancy (1 mc, 3 boys and this?) so i feel i know my body yknow.

I dont know if ive posted this in the right place so sorry if its not.

My guess is at the time of the bleed your hcg was at the borderline they consider negative, even 2 days after this could result in your levels doubling or more, if your tests are getting darker I'd say 100% your still pregnant and the bleed was a 1 off. I'd go back to your doctor and explain, definitely check hcg results and have them redone to see if they are indeed increasing, usually if hcg is over 3000 or 5000 (I think it depends on your hospital) they should be able to scan you and see something, and most importantly see baby, see heartbeat and see where that bleed come from good luck hun x

Also forgot to add I'm pretty sure ectopic pregnancies give you extremely high hcg levels from early on, but I could be wrong

their urine tests arent as sensitive. There are 2 different HCG tests and they may have done the wrong one.

The tests they use are not as sensitive hon.
If ure tests are getting darker then I'd say ure definitely still pregnant.
The bleed cud be anything.
I've had 2 very early Misscariges 5 and 6 weeks and I never got any line progression. The one started of faint and just got fainter never darker.
I've also had a MC at almost 11 weeks but I only did the one test with that one and I was 6 weeks when I did it so it was blazing positive. Didnt do any more tests after that and suddenly started very heavy bleeding. I was 10 weeks 4 days and the bleeding was very very heavy with clots and very painful. Even with the earlier Misscariges it was heavy.
Has the bleeding stopped now?

The bleeding has calmed right down. I only had fresh heavy blood for 1 day like I said no clots or anything and no pain at all anymore, had quite bad pains during the fresh bleeding but now its a dark brown discharge like the end of a period and only needing a liner amd pain has completely gone.

I did another test this morning, i just couldnt help myself. Its still positive but im sure its fainter... however I did drink looooads last night as its been so muggy here and I dont drink much during the day, bad habit of mine, with all my pregnancies ive had faint fmu tests and darker in the evenings because of this so potentially couldve been quite diluted.
The blood results phone number opens in an hour and a half so ill call up soon.

My heart believes im still pregnant purely because I havent passed anything scary looking, only bled red for a day and I just feel pregnant still.
My head tells me ive miscarried.

My last miscarriage albeit 10 years ago was about 2 weeks of continous bleeding, including clots and a definitive passing of something. Sorry for tmi.

I have a very traumatized cervix from 3 lazer treatments for precancerous cells, one was relatively recent. I barely have a cervix left. So maybe its just not strong enough to hold tight anymore, or maybe its just irritated and struggling with the pregnancy causing the bleed.

So many what ifs, im not a patient person and this is killing me.
Hopefully the doctor can squeeze me in today.

I personally never thought it was ectopic, i suffer with low blood pressure and aneamia so i tend to get dizzy during bleeds anyway but they were just being cautious i guess. My last mc was also believed to be ectopic at first too for the same reason.

Sorry im rambling, i havent told anyone whats going on except my partner and hes not one for talking about stuff like this hes a "just wait and see" kinda guy. So i just need to vent somewhere.

Thankyou for your replies ladies, gives me a little hope.

It's possible it could be a chemical. Hard to say at this point except wait and see. I've had two chemicals in my lifetime that I am aware of. My tests where positive got a little darker, then no longer got darker, my hcg on one was 24 then 28 hcg after 48 hours. I didn't bleed until I was 5 weeks 4 days. The other one I was at 30 hcg and then 32 hcg and I didn't bleed until 6 weeks 2 days.
You also could still very well be pregnant and just had an off day or something. I'm not sure. Again, sad to say it's a wait and see what happens. I would see if your doctor is willing to do HCG levels and see how they compare after 48 hours. That's the best bet and quickest way to know at this point I think. Good luck.

My levels sunday were 14.5, did a hpt at drs and it was negative. She seems to think im still pregnant but im earlier than I thought. Got bloods booked for 1 week from now.
Ive done 3 tests today at home, like i said, poas addict.. and each one has gotten darker..
Guess the doctors hpt isnt as sensitive and same as the hospital.

My tests are 10miu, if my levels were 14.5 4 days ago surely if i miscarried it wouldve been below the 10miu by now?

Guess I have no choice but wait and see

I hate waiting!

I'm with you on the waiting part I hate it as well. I've had alot of wait and see situations in this pregnancy and I was like a cat on a hot tin roof right up until I hit 23 weeks then I started to relax a bit.
Surly if the bleed was a MC then the test wudnt be getting darker?
Also dont worry about the TMI hon I know exactly what u mean. With Misscariges u pass clots and stuff.
It mite be ure cervix is a little irritated.
My BFF had some surgeries on her cervix for pre cancerous cells. She has since had 2 beautiful healthy boys but was induced at 38 weeks because of her cervix.
They can give u a stitch in the cervix if they think it wont hold the pregnancy. And it basically stays in until around 38 weeks and then they just take it out and u go into labour.
Maybe worth speaking to ure doctor about hon as they wud know what's best to do.
I think the fact ure tests are progressing is a good sign.
And yep ure right hon the doctors and hospital tests are like a 25 or maybe even 50 mlu air there not as sensitive.
Really hope ure levels double hon.
Keep us posted.
Rooting for you and have it all crossed [-o<

Did a different brand test today, still a decent line going. Im starting to feel much more positive, fingers crossed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->