I don't "feel" pregnant today

mamacastro

Reaction score
Hello new friends!!
I am here from another website, after being completely lambasted for asking a simple question out of concern. I do have an anxiety disorder, so I am just a bit more worried than most! I was recommended to come here by another lovely mama.

Anyway. I found out I was pregnant about 2 weeks ago, and today I am roughly 6 weeks. I do not have my first appointment until Thursday which is only for blood work. I will not be getting my ultrasound until about 8 weeks.

Today is the first day where I feel...normal so to say. Minimal nausea, I'm not starving, but my boobs still hurt. I feel just...not pregnant.

I take tests almost every day, including clear blue advanced with weeks estimator. Last week, I was at 2-3 according to the test and yesterday I was 3+ weeks.

Does anyone else just feel regular? I just want to see a little heart beat and I'll feel way better. I am terrified of an mc or a missed mc.:wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Symptoms will come and they will go. Some people will have them all throughout their entire pregnancy and some will have hardly any. Symptoms don't tell you if things are going well or not.

For me with my first pregnancy which was a blighted ovum and a missed miscarriage only signs I had was tired and boobs aching. Then for my second (daughter) same thing. I was tired and slight boobs aching that was it. I didn't even feel pregnant until about 24/25 weeks when I felt kicks and even then it still didn't feel 'real'. Third and forth pregnancies ended quickly at 4 1/2 and 5 1/2 weeks. No real symptoms at all with them. Then this one pregnancy number 5, I had on and off nausea and tired and on and off boobs aching. Again didn't really feel pregnant specially now that I'm in my 2nd trimester I don't feel pregnant at all.

Try not to worry about it. It is completely normal. Your scan will be here before you know it and everything will be fine.

BTW, I am sorry you weren't treated the best on another site. Welcome here and you will see we all truly care about each other. *hugs* Any other questions that I can help with feel free to ask.

Happy and Healthy 9 months to you.

If it makes you feel any better my symptoms have been throwing me for a loop too, and I didn't really feel sick at all till about the very beginning of week 7. I KNOW symptoms come and go and not everybody gets the same and there is no such thing as normal...in my logical brain I know this.

My symptoms have been doing this weird 2 day on one day off thing. And they've been that way for the last two weeks or so (I'm 9 weeks today) so I should be used to the pattern, but I still worry sick for those first two days, and every single time I wish for those good days back the moment the sickness and food aversions and nausea kick back in on day 3. :dohh:

It helps me to focus on doing good things for me and baby on the days I feel up to it, like prenatal yoga that I'm too sick for the other days, or food prep for when I know I won't be able to stand to cook. Maybe if you focus on doing good healthy things while you feel so good it might distract you from the worry till you hear that tiny heartbeat for yourself? :)

Happy and healthy 9 months!

I totally get the anxiety thing. Everyone here is so helpful and understanding though. Glad you got directed here. :)

Symptoms wax and wane all the time. I've had days where I've felt normal and I'd get worried, but then I'd get a couple of rough days right after. This morning I felt pretty good upon waking, but now I feel the nausea/gaggy feeling coming back. Some women even have symptomless pregnancies, my SIL being one of them! If this is you, then count yourself lucky! ;)

thank you! and thank you for referring me here from that other site! :)

My symptoms came and went all the time (still do!), and every time I totally flipped out. I have anxiety and I'm off my pills, so you can imagine how anxious I get. Every little things sends me into panic mode. Anyway, symptoms do come and go quite a bit, so try not to worry about it. Besides, pretty soon you may be battling the wonderful morning sickness and other icky things - embrace this while you can. :)

Also, and you probably know this, but be careful with all the testing. After a while, the tests may start to get lighter and/or disappear. I believe it's called the "hook effect," but it can be concerning for us anxious ladies. Just a warning in case that happens.

Also, welcome to the site! You'll only experience love and support here. :)

I'm only 4 weeks & 4 days today and haven't had that feeling just yet, but I've seen loads of posts on here about it and it seems pretty normal! :)

I had a mc 2 months ago, so I share your anxiety. I have tested every day except yesterday (18dpo).

I'm 6w3d and feel nothing. I think about it all the time because I'm also a bit of am anxious person with this kind of stuff. I had a MMC in the summer, so that doesn't help.

With that one I continued to have every symptom in the book. Intense nausea, very sore boobs, crazy fatigue, aversions etc. every symptom, even when I had lost the baby. The symptoms continued. I was so sick I was still taking my nausea pills every day. My belly also continued to grow.

This time I have nothing. So I just keep reminding myself that symptoms don't always mean everything is okay. And therefore lack of symptoms doesn't mean everything is all wrong....

I was able to move my ultrasound up to December 26! I'm so excited to see a heartbeat. I think I'll be much more at ease once I see it!

Im 10 weeks and have had very minimal almost non existent symptoms. Definitely made me worry things werent going to turn out well. Had my ob appt yesterday and babes was dancing on the screen. Also had a friend who just gave birth last weekend who didnt have any symptoms the whole pregnancy. Now being this far im just thankful I havent had bad ms. Seeing a heartbeat will def help calm the nerves. I saw it at 7 weeks and it helped. Hope the next couple weeks go soon so you can see baby!

Well, I feel nauseous (YAY?!) lol and my boobs are sore to touch. Nothing crazy for either though...!

Im 10+2 & I've had basically no symptoms, saw & heard HB at 9+3 so don't panic

my symptoms come and go nausea is is quick little bursts randomly, boobs really only sore when poked and prodded, It stresses me out even though was the same with my 3 other boys, when I had missed miscarriage my symptoms were terrible, all day nausea and vomiting, could not wear tight fitting tops, pregnancy really is a big mind f@#k

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->