i dont have a nursery :-(

helenbun2005

Reaction score
any one else in this position?
We live in a 1 bed down stairs flat, and so no nursery...:cry:

I woudnt want to decorate yet anyway, but all we can fit in our room is a cot (which my OH is kindly and cleverly making himself - but up to all the modern standards and size). And i know Froglet will be in our room for the first few weeks anyway, but...

I would love to decorate a room for Froglet, but it just cant happen. We will move at some point next year, and OH "thinks" we might be able to move before froglet gets here, but its unlikely with the way things are!

Just wondered if anyone is in the same position? and your feelings on it???

Thanks to all others - and sorry for the rant! x

I was/am definitely where you are. It's hard I felt like I wasn't good enough because of it for a long time. I finally realized that I would want LO in the room with me anyways so I got over it, took a while though. We are planning on moving soon and still not sure whether I will worry about a nursery right away or not. :hug:

thanks sweetie for your kind words x So glad its not just me!

I am having my 4th baby and live in a 3 bed house so there is no room for a nursery and none of my children have ever had a "nursery." No offence intended for those that do but I never see the point in spending hundreds of pounds of fancy babys furniture which will be of no purpose in a few years as it won't be big enough and the baby won't see it or care about it for years. They sleep with you for 6 months ish and then go in a cot to sleep. They don't play in there and they don't care so what is the point??

I think if you want to do it then fine and have money to give away but it isn't needed and is surplus to requirements hun. So as long as your baby has some where warm and safe to sleep near you s/he doen't need a wardrobe with mickey mouse on it or a changing table or a chest of drawers and wallpaper by mamas and papas.

Don't feel bad about it all. I had my first 3 kids when we lived in a 2 bed 1st floor flat and they were happy and safe and didn't care. You'll be a great mum whatever xxx

We're in a one bedroom flat for now as well, and i know a few others are we're not fussed as it would be hell trying to move now anyway so going to give it a year. I like that bub will be in the bedroom with us. We'vepainted the back wall of the room where the cot is gona be pink and gona hang loads of mobiles and twinkly lights and stuff for her. xxx

We don't have a nursery either, and I can't imagine we'll have one for ages.

We're in a rented house at the moment while the house we actually own is being rented out to other people (long story!) so we can't redecorate anything. Also, although it is a two-bed place, it would be hard to change one room in to a full-on nursery anyway with the thought that the second bedroom is a guest room and people staying over might not want to be surrounded by Postman Pat and constantly banging their heads on mobiles!

Plus, as people have said on here, the LO will be in with us for 6 months and, from what I've read, babies can only see about 20cm in front of them for a little while at least, so I'm not too worried about it and would rather spend the money on things that make the baby comfortable.

We moved into a bigger 2 bed house but I will be keeping the second room as my studio for awhile. I come from a very large family and the baby always slept in the parents room until old enough to sleep in a bed with the other kids and I just can't imagine wanting to sleep in a different room from my baby. Luckily my OH feels the same way and I did ask him in babies R us why you needed all this furniture and he told me 'it's because your baby will grow up hating you if it's accessories don't match'

as long as there is lots of love, little kids don't question the way they live :hugs:

'it's because your baby will grow up hating you if it's accessories don't match'

as long as there is lots of love, little kids don't question the way they live :hugs:

:rofl: There is a whole industry making lots of money out of guilt-tripping us all in to buying absolutely EVERYTHING for LOs these days. Our parents didn't have all the 'stuff' available to them that we have and yet we all survived without Baby Einstein, and the matching wallpaper and curtains set! One of my friends said that when she was pregnant the most amazing (ie most useless) thing she ever came across for babies was the 'baby wipe warmer'! I'm sorry, but WHY???

My baby also wont have one.

We live in a 4 bed house and already have 3 kids..at the moment they all have their own rooms. We did think about moving our 5 yr old into our 9 year olds room so baby could have a nursery but my 5 year old was a bit upset at leaving her dora the explorer bedroom:dohh:

So I think we are just going to leave things as they are, baby will be in with us for 6 months or so then we will prob have to do something about the rooms, but not yet. It just adds more expense.

:blush:
I think if you want to do it then fine and have money to give away

that made me laugh out loud, I wish I had money to give away- I do have a nursery but only because we have a spare room, not because we have money to give away lol. We have been fortunate to have alot of helpers and also people offering their things that baby has grown out of.
You dont need alot of money to have a nursery, you need a spare room, but mommy and daddies room works just fine :)
:hugs:

Ive got a 1 bedroom apartment so i dont get to decorate any nursery :( Its ok tho by the time Allison arrives our lease will be up and we can move into somwhere BIGGER!

We have a 1 bed flat, so bubs will be in with us. I painted his end of the room and put up a modern border that not too babyish, but still looks good with our decor. We replaced our big wide chest of drawers for a taller, narrow set and put up some shelves. There will also be storage space under the cot and we'rereplacing our wardrobe door with sliding mirror doors to create more space.

we never had a nursery for the first 5 months of Lilly's life - she stayed in our room until her nursery was ready. They recommend that the baby stays in your room for the first 6 months of its life so it gave us a little bit of extra time to get the nursery ready.

We don't have a nursery, we're in a 1 bed flat. But we're going to have LO in the room with us until s/he is one, we're trying to sort out moving before bubba is born anyway.

I don't either. We are desperately trying to move, I've even started packing for when the time comes even though I don't think it'll be this side of 'Birth' day. I am having to pack up my own clothes to make room for hers lol as we just have no room.

We dont have a nursery for bubs either, instead he gets a corner, all to him self, lol.
He'll be in my room until he goes in with the boys, but we are going to put a wall rug up over his cot.
The only one of my kids that had a nursery was my daughter, i spent a bomb decorating it and making it all nice, and she never slept in there, she always settled better in our room with us.

We wont be having a nursery, we live in a small 3 bed house, and as we aready have 4 children (2 boys 2 girls), when shes old enough she will be moving in with her sisters, who are 10 and 11, so I really dont think they will be happy going for a nursery theme!! Im just going to make her cot as lovely as I can for her. It is horrible though when you see all those beautiful nurseries in the magasines and catalogues. xx

Don't worry hun, looks like you're not alone :hug: :hug: Count me in as one of those who will not be having a nursery when LO arrives! OH and I live in a one bedroom place as well. We were initially thinking of moving to a 2-bedroom but we didn't think it was worth the hassle of moving and additional expense (better to spend the money on other things LO would need more). I don't think LO will be craving for some privacy anytime soon anyway... well, OH might on some certain occasions :rofl:

Actually, I grew up not used to the idea of having a nursery. My mother had all of us 4 kids without a nursery; we pretty much stayed in my parents' room until we were old enough to get our own room. OH and I plan to do the same and keep LO with us, at the very least for the first few years, or until we can move to a bigger place.

if yours sd about it just decorate the one wall where the cot and that will be thats what id do :) xx

We were in a rented house when I was pg with Charlie, and were evicted 8 days before he was born (because they were selling the house, not because we had done anything wrong!!) and the council housed us in a 2 bedroom flat. So Charlie was in with us for the first 7 months.

When we moved into a 3 bedroom house, he was given the box room, and there is only room for his cotbed and a wardrobe. I put a border up and some stickers, but that's it.

We'll be swapping the rooms at some point before this one is born, and Kayleigh will be moving into the box room. So the bigger room won't be decorated as a nursery as Charlie will be 2 and a half by then. Depending on whether this one is pink or blue will make the decision for us whether we decorate boy or neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->